Random thoughts of a cop in the can

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    The same people who demand police be held to a "higher standard" than the rest of society hold women, minorities, non-English speakers, the disabled, the mentally ill and anyone else they can exploit for their own benefit to lower standards, going as far as passing laws and such to force the lowering of standards down society's throats in the name of EQUALITY. And we are the ****in problem?!?

I guess partly we are.....

If we were allowed to hold ourselves to a self imposed higher standard opposed to having it crammed down our throat by politicians and blowhards who actually know nothing about what we do, under the guise of "equal opportunity" we would probably be way better off......

I mean, there would still be problems, a la the 10% rule of societies, but would it be THIS bad?!?

Just a thought. (Toilet flushes)

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The same people who demand police be held to a "higher standard" than the rest of society hold women, minorities, non-English speakers, the disabled, the mentally ill and anyone else they can exploit for their own benefit to lower standards, going as far as passing laws and such to force the lowering of standards down society's throats in the name of EQUALITY. And we are the ****in problem?!?

If we were allowed to hold ourselves to a self imposed higher standard opposed to having it crammed down our throat by politicians and blowhards who actually know nothing about what we do, under the guise of "equal opportunity" we would probably be way better off......

I mean, there would still be problems, a la the 10% rule of societies, but would it be THIS bad?!?

It's stupid. It all goes back to the entitlement problem...which is ultimately based on people being poorly educated. If people were properly educated from an early age, many of these problems would be alleviated (there are studies on this). It sucks that you guys get such a **** show from it though. If anything, everyone should try to hold everyone else to a higher standard like we did in the 40's - late 60's. It's also a shame how a few minority groups can really mess life up for everyone else.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

Lots of better jobs out there. I would just move on to something else if it's not for you.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Lots of better jobs out there. I would just move on to something else if it's not for you.

tumblr_inline_mhytd4hOWK1qz4rgp.gif

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    You told a cop to quit his job. That's mighty helpful of you too.

I did not tell anyone to quit anything. The job sucks and LEOs get **** on every day. My point is with the skills of most LEOs they can make more money while being treated better.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    This thread was doomed from the start, then Dave chimes in... So now you know it is going down hill. First let me start by saying that I believe most in law enforcement are good people trying to do a hard, thankless job. That being said, I agree that LEO should be held to a standard. When people see law enforcement breaking the law how are they supposed to take the law seriously. Police from 2-3 parishes away speeding, tailgating, NOPD getting on their PA yelling at people to make a right turn on red are a few small examples that I have seen. I speed, I'm sure most of us do occasionally; but when driving a marked unit, it shows professionalism when traffic laws are followed.
    Obviously some commit more serious crimes; these people committing felonies, need to be made an example of and hopefully deter other criminals from even applying for the job in the first place.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This thread was doomed from the start, then Dave chimes in... So now you know it is going down hill. First let me start by saying that I believe most in law enforcement are good people trying to do a hard, thankless job. That being said, I agree that LEO should be held to a standard. When people see law enforcement breaking the law how are they supposed to take the law seriously. Police from 2-3 parishes away speeding, tailgating, NOPD getting on their PA yelling at people to make a right turn on red are a few small examples that I have seen. I speed, I'm sure most of us do occasionally; but when driving a marked unit, it shows professionalism when traffic laws are followed.
    Obviously some commit more serious crimes; these people committing felonies, need to be made an example of and hopefully deter other criminals from even applying for the job in the first place.

Unfortunately, there are several examples of the ne'er-do-wells, in the news right now that cast a shitty light on the good guys. The one that really pisses me off the most is those two sacks of **** in Breaux Bridge running that speed trap for profit game. What a POS! Just this morning the former DA from St. Charles is going to plea bargain to dropping charges on chicks for sex. WTF?

However, Austin is correct! The lack of fundamental education is the ruination of this nation. It has passed snowball, and is at avalanche! And there is a clear delineation on who is causing it; The democrat party and any phony liberal that sides with them. ALL political parties are complete garbage, but it is clear that democrats are destroying the morals of this country by leaps and bounds over the other **** bags.

As the citizenry gets more stupid, they fall for more and more pandering. Then they vote for the persons who pander the most, then the rest suffer! Including the cops.

The US government has become the solar systems' biggest example of Pavlov's dog syndrome.

I feel bad for you guys! I really do. You have good intentions! You want to make a difference! But all you get is **** and scorn. You know what I wouldn't mind seeing? A mass walk-out day all across the US by all LEO and Military. And get it out there first. Let the entire country know that you guys are all going to stay home that day. Want to see where you stand? These haters will be on their knees begging for your forgiveness in the first 60 minutes.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Have you ever seen what a police car going the speed limit does to traffic? Lol

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    It's stupid. It all goes back to the entitlement problem...which is ultimately based on people being poorly educated. If people were properly educated from an early age, many of these problems would be alleviated (there are studies on this). It sucks that you guys get such a **** show from it though. If anything, everyone should try to hold everyone else to a higher standard like we did in the 40's - late 60's. It's also a shame how a few minority groups can really mess life up for everyone else.

Unfortunately, there are several examples of the ne'er-do-wells, in the news right now that cast a shitty light on the good guys. The one that really pisses me off the most is those two sacks of **** in Breaux Bridge running that speed trap for profit game. What a POS! Just this morning the former DA from St. Charles is going to plea bargain to dropping charges on chicks for sex. WTF?

However, Austin is correct! The lack of fundamental education is the ruination of this nation. It has passed snowball, and is at avalanche! And there is a clear delineation on who is causing it; The democrat party and any phony liberal that sides with them. ALL political parties are complete garbage, but it is clear that democrats are destroying the morals of this country by leaps and bounds over the other **** bags.

As the citizenry gets more stupid, they fall for more and more pandering. Then they vote for the persons who pander the most, then the rest suffer! Including the cops.

The US government has become the solar systems' biggest example of Pavlov's dog syndrome.

I feel bad for you guys! I really do. You have good intentions! You want to make a difference! But all you get is **** and scorn. You know what I wouldn't mind seeing? A mass walk-out day all across the US by all LEO and Military. And get it out there first. Let the entire country know that you guys are all going to stay home that day. Want to see where you stand? These haters will be on their knees begging for your forgiveness in the first 60 minutes.

I don't need to say anything y'all beat me to it.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Have you ever seen what a police car going the speed limit does to traffic? Lol

They bitch if you go the speed limit, yet they want to conduct a citizens arrest and post it on YouTube if you go 5 over........ I swear I'd be in prison now if I were a cop.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I did not tell anyone to quit anything. The job sucks and LEOs get **** on every day. My point is with the skills of most LEOs they can make more money while being treated better.

After 15 years, That's my retirement plan.....

And I love my job and wouldn't consider doing anything else

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    They bitch if you go the speed limit, yet they want to conduct a citizens arrest and post it on YouTube if you go 5 over........ I swear I'd be in prison now if I were a cop.

Most normal people speed to some degree, because as a nation we intentionally under-post road ways so they can be used to collect revenue. As a former auditor of small Municipalities I can tell you thats how some pay salaries. When a 4way stop village can pay two and three salaries just off of ticket revenue there is no reason not to hire four more cops and fleece the people for every little silly oops. Now thats not a problem I have with police individually or departments per se, but the polititians and their unelected chronies. Now what I have a problem with is their overly ambitious execution of the law in which they know is phony bs. Their flagrant disregard for people or property in the persuit of being a tax collector for the welfare state. I can and will name departments and behaviors if you think I'm just being an a-hole cop-hater but I have done it before.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Does the 10% of society rule still apply in BR/NOLA? Seems a little light. :p

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Most normal people speed to some degree, because as a nation we intentionally under-post road ways so they can be used to collect revenue. As a former auditor of small Municipalities I can tell you thats how some pay salaries. When a 4way stop village can pay two and three salaries just off of ticket revenue there is no reason not to hire four more cops and fleece the people for every little silly oops. Now thats not a problem I have with police individually or departments per se, but the polititians and their unelected chronies. Now what I have a problem with is their overly ambitious execution of the law in which they know is phony bs. Their flagrant disregard for people or property in the persuit of being a tax collector for the welfare state. I can and will name departments and behaviors if you think I'm just being an a-hole cop-hater but I have done it before.

Ok name them. Then give me the percentage of bad departments as a whole vs good departments as a whole for the country. If the good out weighs the bad will you stop the BS with police? I believe there are about 18,000 state and local LE agencies in the US not including federal agencies. That would have to be a lot of bad departments.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    After 15 years, That's my retirement plan.....

And I love my job and wouldn't consider doing anything else

yep, same here. Sometimes it sucks but its the only job i could ever see myself doing even when i was a kid. I didnt even have to be bullied in school to decide to be a LEO :)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom