Okay, Who Wants to Help Solve a Crime? Come on in.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The following images are of a typical POS that went through my neighborhood yesterday morning looking of dummies that refuse to lock their vehicles. The APSO is investigating. The scumbag got guns; of course! :rolleyes: Not mine, so don't even ask! :mamoru:

Nonetheless, look at the images and see what your opinions are on 1). Race; and 2.) Identification of that emblem or decal on the back pack.

I don't want to influence anyone's suggestions, but doesn't that emblem look like the Chris Kyle skull emblem?

It looks to me to be a military style back pack.

What do you guys think?

viewer.php
    [/URL][/IMG]
    viewer.php
    [/URL][/IMG]
    viewer.php
    [/URL][/IMG]
    viewer.php
    [/URL][/IMG]
    viewer.php
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    It appears to me to be "The Punisher" logo. Is your image zoomed in, or is that the normal view? If normal, you need more resolution. Are these 1080p cameras?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It appears to me to be "The Punisher" logo. Is your image zoomed in, or is that the normal view? If normal, you need more resolution. Are these 1080p cameras?

That is what I first thought too!

This is normal view. This scumbag was very used to this type of activity. He was careful to stay outside of the direct light.

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    Same thing happened to my neighborhood a few weeks ago. Got them on my cameras. After the law wouldn't do anything, I ended up seeing the car in town and got the plate numbers. The cops wouldn't even come out to where the car was located. A few days later the same car was involved in a shootout. They arrested the guys and put the burglary charges on them finally.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I can't see chit Captain on my phone but if it's a punisher logo i can confirm that SOG uses that symbol on at least one bag.

This is the kind of stuff I needed. Thanks!

See, I kind of sorta think this is a kid in the neighborhood. He was way too calm about going in and out of people's driveways.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The "Chris Kyle Skull" is the Punisher Skull, or a similar/modified type skull. At first I thought the guy was wearing a vest, then it looked like a backpack. It's difficult to judge, but you can clearly make out that there is some sort of large emblem. I will never understand why folks don't lock their vehicles. Even though I don't keep anything (other than some boots and a hard hat) in my car, I still wouldn't want anyone stealing them.

The cops wouldn't even come out to where the car was located.

There are some stipulations to that, but I'm happy to hear they were caught in the end. I'd rather let one of our LEO's chime in.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    I don't think it's a punisher logo. Plus that backpack is super long, if it is even a backpack at all. I'd love to see the actual video of the guy walking around. Seeing it in motion may be able to help. But for now - the shape reminds me more of this:
    27869909-cartoon-heart-shaped-key-Stock-Vector.jpg

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Issue is he probably lifted the back pack from a vehicle at some point in his soon to be short career. In the end its just a way of putting him at the crime scene if he is caught in possension of the pack.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Extracted some video footage but not sure how to get it on here. :doh:

So currently it is on my hard drive as an .asf file. What is the next "easiest and less time consuming" step?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    That's may be more headache than it's worth. Look, I am willing to try to make this exciting, but for Christ's sake, it's 2016. :mamoru: There should be an easier way.

.ASF file formatting is outdated, btw. Can't complain when you have the old tech on your end! :rofl:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    .ASF file formatting is outdated, btw. Can't complain when you have the old tech on your end! :rofl:

^this

Cheap camera systems use odd formats that have to be converted to a standard format.
    Basically all you do is import it to MovieMaker, or any video editing software, and save as a format the YouTube can use. Then just upload it.

Top Bottom