Magnificent Seven!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If I'm not mistaken, portions were filmed in Louisiana. Looks like it will be an outstanding movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    If I'm not mistaken, portions were filmed in Louisiana. Looks like it will be an outstanding movie.

Didn't know that. Where did they film?

Why don’t you just go and watch the original flick. Bet they f-k this one up like they did True Grit.

I really enjoyed both the original True Grit and the remake. I was skeptical of the remake at first because I am not a huge Cohen Bro's fan, but was very pleased with their rendition. In all honesty, I didn't want to like it, but Bridges really outdid himself bringing out some new dimensions to old Rooster.

As for the Mag-7 remake, i don't see how they can go wrong. They started with half the cast of Training Day and added some more talent to the mix. You got Ethan and Denzel. I saw the trailer and all I could think was.......
    xuwful90ha09618s8yt0.jpg

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA

A lot was filmed in and around Clinton, LA. They basically had the whole town shut down for quite some time. St. Francisville and BR also.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    A lot was filmed in and around Clinton, LA. They basically had the whole town shut down for quite some time. St. Francisville and BR also.

Free State of Sam Jones was the Matthew McConaughey movie they shut downtown Clinton for. They put fake fronts on the buildings and dirt on the streets. I was up there getting a new DL at Motor Vehicles when they were doing it.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

A lot of it was filmed north of Jackson La. on La 68 north of La 10. The built a town out in a huge pasture in the hills. I passed it a couple weeks ago.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Free State of Sam Jones was the Matthew McConaughey movie they shut downtown Clinton for. They put fake fronts on the buildings and dirt on the streets. I was up there getting a new DL at Motor Vehicles when they were doing it.

You're right. I keep getting these mixed up for some reason.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Why don’t you just go and watch the original flick. Bet they f-k this one up like they did True Grit.

Really? Many people like the new true grit. They almost went line for line.

I like the original and also the newer series and I'll watch this one too. Westerns are my favorite movies so as long as a serious one comes out I'll watch. Just glad they're making them. The Lone Ranger with Depp..... Well that's another story.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I think it'll be decent but not great. I'll wait and rent it. I'm pretty good at predicting a films quality. Movies are my obsessed hobby, even more than guns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Actually, the original was a Japanese movie called "The Seven Samurai". A group of poor villagers hired seven "ronin" or masterless samurai to protect their village from marauding bandits who stole their crops. "The Magnificent Seven" was a remake substituting gunslingers for samurai and, having watched both movies, the latter is almost an exact copy of the original including the characters. I still enjoy watching both movies. One as much as the other.

Top Bottom