Why don't some sellers respond to PM's when they are selling something ???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I have sent PM's to a few sellers on Bayou Shooter. When I sent the PM's I sometimes don't get a reply or
    get a reply 3 weeks later. I know you are likely thinking I was low balling but I had questions on a recent
    shotgun and received no reply and its been 2-3 days.

If you are going to list something, and a person responds to your posting, at least have the courtesy to reply
    to the PM sent.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Lulz, happened to me a time or two. I think they simply respond to the offers they are interested in. It makes cold logical sense but it is irritating. Kind of like asking a girl out and she doesn't even answer. I can take a "no," I just want to hear an answer.
    (Not that I've ever heard a girl say "no" or give me the cold shoulder or have a restraining order put out on me or anything of the sort)

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have sent PM's to a few sellers on Bayou Shooter. When I sent the PM's I sometimes don't get a reply or
    get a reply 3 weeks later. I know you are likely thinking I was low balling but I had questions on a recent

If you are going to list something, and a person responds to your posting, at least have the courtesy to reply
    to the PM sent.

I agree, and some write a short novel telling you they do not need to sell the product being listed. It is not difficult to list something for sale and respond to replies.

Last edited:

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    The answer is there are some real pricks out there that lack common courtesy.

to the PM sent.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The answer is there are some real pricks out there that lack common courtesy.

This.

We've even banned a few that would respond with an angry tone. You can't make everyone happy. If someone really wants to sell something, they will do what they can to sell it. However, if you send a super low offer, and you don't get a response, then move along.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    I have a list of those that I just sent a message that I might be interested in their product and got no response. I will resend the message just in case they might of over looked it after 4 days. If still no response I will send them a third message telling them what I think of them and will never respond to their ads ever even if they are giving away gold bullion. And I let anyone I deal with how so and so is a complete a**hole.

jsg34

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    I concur. I've Pm'd a seller or two either asking if the item is still for sale or offering the asking price, yet got no reply.

bayoushooter

Rating - 98.6%
    72   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Metairie
    I won't respond if it's nonsense, or when I get bombard with trade offers after clearly stating in the thread I have no interest in trading. I once posted a WTB ad for a century Draco, I received a pm from a fellow member stating he would have sold me one of his, had he not buried all 10 of them in his backyard. I consider that nonsense so he didn't get a reply.

Edit: also won't reply if my ad says "LOCAL SALE ONLY" then get shipping questions.

Last edited:

southerner985

sheepdog
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Norco
    I tend to have the opposite problem as a seller...people say they are interested so I get home, pull out im selling take pics and write everything they wanted to know and never hear back. not even a "no thanks, no longer interested"

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I have responded to all inquiries I've had but I'll admit that if a person can not craft a cogent thought I'd just as well not do business with them.
    Asking "yo, yo, yo, you still got dat 9?" is no way to go about business.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Don't forget the "Old Fart" factor. Some old people are new to the internet and even newer to the concept of forums. When I used to mod the marketplace, I'd have the occasional new seller not even respond to my PMs about not having a pic, location, etc. in other words, they may not be aware of the concept of PMs and are just expecting people to reply to their thread.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    If this refers to me, I was camping this weekend and just returned. I just responded to your pm.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    So if I put FTF sale only. And a buyers PM starts with can you ship should I respond to that person or skip over it?

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    So if I put FTF sale only. And a buyers PM starts with can you ship should I respond to that person or skip over it?

I'd ignore them.

Depending on how busy I was, I would respond to any PM that wasn't rude.

However, I'm a pack rat and haven't sold anything on here in years. I mostly buy **** I don't need.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    Yall ever think of maybe a family emergency? Last minute weekend trip? Called in for overtime? Look like most expect a reply 5 minutes lster. I got a reply last night after 3 days. Seller went on a camping trip. No big deal. Trust me, family and work is way more important to me than this forum

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom