Ron Paul - Tea Party '07

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Forrest

REO
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I'm not going to go into all of Ron Paul's issues. I agree with him on just about everything. But if there was one candidate I would expect to get support from everyone on this board, it would be one that unequivocally supports the 2nd amendment. No ifs, ands or buts. Not because we are one-issue voters, but because we understand what the 2nd amendment stands for and stems from, and we know what it says about them.

We finally have someone running who does that. An interviewer tried to make him look bad by harping on the question: "Do you think American citizens should be allowed to own machine guns?" And he answered "Yes, I'm not saying my neighbor should be allowed to build 20kiloton bombs, but if you want to own a machine gun, that's fine, that's none of the government's business."

During an interview with Wolf Blitzer, he was asked if he thought his supporters knew he supported the 2nd amendment, because Wolf Blitzer apparently thinks you're either pro-war or anti-gun, no inbetween. His answer was "I think they do, because my stance has always been very clear - I'm for the constitution and it's _very clear_ when it comes to the 2nd amendment."

I never in my lifetime expected a candidate with a decent chance to win to be an ardent, no compromise 2nd amendment supporter. If we want to show the country what we believe, we need to back Ron Paul.

If you're not aware of his other positions (smaller federal government, not trying to police the world, protecting the bill of rights) they all come down to being pro-freedom. I hope you'll look them up. I hope you're at least curious to find out about the one real 2nd amendment supporter running. (He's also one of the very few people who voted against the Patriot Act.)

A lot of people I know have been fooled by the media into thinking RP has no support. It's a long story, but it's easy to see the truth if you look into it. In polls that they can't easily manipulate (txt messaging, online) RP has come out FAR ahead of the other candidates. He's won many of the straw polls.

The poll results they buy from the big name pollsters are extremely biased. Some of them use multipliers that put RP at a huge disadvantage. Some of them leave his name out of the list! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPpCvF7N3Vg

The biggest show of support for Ron Paul, which they have been unable to ignore, is the amount of campaign contributions he's raised. Everyone is flabbergasted, (apparently because they're buying into their own ********.) This is something they can't LIE about. On the 11/5 drive, he made contribution history! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKZmIzEMUN8

That's why, even though I'm a broke-ass graduate student living off an assistanceship (can't even afford to shoot much any more) I'm contributing 100$ to his campaign on Dec 16th, the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party. More important than how he will spend this money is the fact that people will know that the pollsters and the media are lying and that he does have the support of people who love freedom. There are enough of us out there to make a big difference. I hope that some of you guys will do the same.

http://www.teaparty07.com - pledge
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com - donate

Forrest

REO
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Already at 4.2 million since midnight with 6 hours left to go (ET.)

The media and pollsters can lie all they want, but they can't refute the contributions.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I went to the Clerk of Court today in Baton Rouge to change my party affiliation from "none" to "REPUBLICAN" so i can vote for Ron Paul in teh primary. I wish I could get a small sign or something in my yard to show my support for him. I'm starting to see more and more signs supporting Ron Paul around town.

EDIT: I just found a Ron Paul sign for my yard on his website. It is $12.50 ($6.00+$6.50 S&H) the price seems kind of high... but I know the money will help his campaign and let people in my neighborhood that there is REAL support for Ron Paul. Ordering one now!

Last edited:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Glad to see you Chuck!

Dr. Paul is going to do a lot better than a lot of people expect...he's actually got a chance to win it. :)

Forrest

REO
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    This isn't a football game. He has won more straw polls than any other candidate. The biggest worry is fraud on the part of the GOP. They decided (for the first time) to use electronic voting machines at caucuses, which is pretty ridiculous unless you're trying to cheat. They also changed the caucus dates and deadlines at the last minute, and added a fee.

Join the meetup group if you want to help RP win the primaries here!
    http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1210/

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I saw a Ron Paul bumper sticker yesterday and also a Ron Paul poster by the fairgrounds here in Baton Rouge. I'm still waiting for my Ron Paul yard sign to come in.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom