Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    See ya at the range

User Info Menu

Thanks once again to everyone involved. How cool is it to be getting shooting tips and personalized coaching from the likes of Terry Cross and others !!

It would be great…hint, hint…to have an occasional clinic/practice at Fuselier where we could work with barricades and other typical PRs props/stages to continue working on technique.
    "Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true." -- Buddha

U.S.P.S.A.: A-53214
    I.D.P.A.: A220386
    U.S.P.S.A. CRO w/Multi-Gun endorsement
    I.D.P.A. SO
    N.R.A. Range Safety Officer

SEND IT

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BayouSlide View Post
    I'm in. Finally an excuse to spring for bottom metal and a Timney for my Remington 700P
    If going Timney may I suggest the Calivn Elite.

See ya at the range

User Info Menu

When Barney88PDC talks I listen…but the deed is already done with a cheaper alternative.

Trust me, when I hit some targets at the demo match, I had you to thank for setting me on the right path. When I missed many, many others, it was the nut behind the trigger, not the trigger, that was to blame.

Felt pretty old school with a Remington 700P .308 among all those low recoiling 6.xxx calibers in space-age stocks.

First time I ever fired that rifle standing on my two hind legs was at Terry's 100 yard stage, sling only support. Managed 2 for 3 on standing target, 3 for 3 on the kneeling and sitting then managed to pull the prone shot. Never watched a reticle circle a target that much in my life…I thought I was shooting sporting clays!

Had a ball!
    Last edited by BayouSlide; June 20th, 2016 at 01:18 PM.
    "Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true." -- Buddha

I.D.P.A. SO

Marksman

User Info Menu

Glad you had a great time. I've heard nothing but good feedback from everyone I've spoken to since Sat. It really is a lot of fun.
    The guys that came down to help, Brian, Terry, Tod, Kevin, Ronnie and John all had great things to say about the guys that shot.
    G
    Last edited by Log Island; June 20th, 2016 at 02:53 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I'm Really glad to hear that everyone had a good time. We appreciate everyone coming out and supporting this and being patient as we work out the bugs. All feedback so far has been positive. We would definitely like to see actual matches and eventually a long distance range. For now we are looking into both a match, which would be short range (316 yds max) and trainup days. I would like feedback to what everyone would like to see, as well as what kind of participation we could get and if people are interested in shooting a match at close range with targets sizes to suit the distance.
    Last edited by _Big_Al_; June 20th, 2016 at 07:09 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

By the way here are the scores.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	254.0 KB 
ID:	63907  
    Last edited by _Big_Al_; June 21st, 2016 at 05:16 AM.

See ya at the range

User Info Menu

I'm definitely interested in more matches and training days.
    Last edited by BayouSlide; June 21st, 2016 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Attachment got fixed!

I.D.P.A. SO

Marksman

User Info Menu

Scores up

Marksman

User Info Menu

You have a match, I'm in!!!
    One team, one mission, only one result! Seals 1 Bin Laden 0