The fusilier complex prs demo/match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • _Big_Al_

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Lafayette
    Dear Fusilier Complex members,

Date: June 18, 2016

The Fusilier Complex will be hosting a demonstration match to introduce Precision Rifle Series (PRS) style of shooting to the membership of the Fusilier Complex. These are tactical/practical style matches meant to improve and test your rifle shooting skills. These matches normally involve shooting distances from 20-1250 yards and involve prone, standing, kneeling, sitting and positional / barricade. Both bolt action and gas operated rifles are used in these matches.

This demo match will be shot between 100 and 300 yards and be limited to non magnum short action calibers from .223 Remington to .308 Winchester. (.243, .260, 6mm and 6.5mm etc.). The demo will consist of a 5 stage match based around the PRS style but will definitely be new shooter friendly. The match will be slow placed with safety and education as top priorities.

We are looking for 20 members that would like to participate in the full match. Also If time permits we hope to allow others to try their hand at a stage or 2. You do not need to have long range experience or specialized equipment to come out and shoot.

The only items necessary are a zeroed scoped rifle in one of the calibers listed above and 40 (minimum) rounds of ammo.

Additional items that may help:
    Bipod
    Rear Sand or bean bag
    Sling

We will have various equipment for you to see and demo including rifles, shooting bags, bipods, slings, back packs etc.

For this demo we have arranged to bring in some national level Shooter / instructors to assist with demonstrating the stages, providing information and basic instruction, and acting as RO's on the stages.

They include:
    Brian Allen
    Founder/Pres LPRC (Louisiana Precision Rifle Club)
    National level shooter
    2014/2015 PRS finale qualified
    Shoots and instructs for K&M Precision Rifle Training

Danny Mathews
    Match Coordinator for the LPRC
    National level competitor

Terry Cross
    National and International level Shooter and Instructor
    Many National level Competition wins.
    Owner Lead Instructor of 1Mil Right
    Owner Rifle builder of KMW Long Range Solutions

Christine Allen
    Lady PRS Shooter
    Sponsored by K&M Precision as well as other.
    Finish 4th female in PRS 2015 Finale

John Bishop
    National level Shooter in PRS and F Class.
    Sponsored by Dixie Precision Rifles.

To register for this event, you have two options. The first, and fastest way, is to logon to the website and use the online registration form. When you login to the website, the home page will display an article about this event. There is a button at the bottom of the article to register or you can email competition@fusiliercomplex.com. To register, we need your full name, email address, and phone number. The first 20 members who register will be allowed to participate. Any members who sign up after 20 will be added to a waiting list, in the event someone has to back out.

NOTE: In the interest of time and safety for this demo we must limit the shooters to adults (18yrs or older). If you do have a youth shooter that is interested by all means please come out. Should there be enough interest future shoots/matches/classes will allow youth shooters.

We will be posting a description of the stages to the club forum as well.

Please post your questions about the event to the club forum or email the event coordinator at the address above.

You are also encouraged to look up the Louisiana Precision Rifle Club (LPRC) as well as the Southeastern Precision Rifle Club (SEPRC) on Facebook.

Thank you and hope to see you at the range.

Regards,
    *Big Al*
    TFC PRS Shooting Coordinator
    www.fusiliercomplex.com

Last edited:

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    Dear Fusilier Complex members,

Date: June 18, 2016

The Fusilier Complex will be hosting a demonstration match to introduce Precision Rifle Series (PRS) style of shooting to the membership of the Fusilier Complex. These are tactical/practical style matches meant to improve and test your rifle shooting skills. These matches normally involve shooting distances from 20-1250 yards and involve prone, standing, kneeling, sitting and positional / barricade. Both bolt action and gas operated rifles are used in these matches.

This demo match will be shot between 100 and 300 yards and be limited to non magnum short action calibers from .223 Remington to .308 Winchester. (.243, .260, 6mm and 6.5mm etc.). The demo will consist of a 5 stage match based around the PRS style but will definitely be new shooter friendly. The match will be slow placed with safety and education as top priorities.

We are looking for 20 members that would like to participate in the full match. Also If time permits we hope to allow others to try their hand at a stage or 2. You do not need to have long range experience or specialized equipment to come out and shoot.

The only items necessary are a zeroed scoped rifle in one of the calibers listed above and 40 (minimum) rounds of ammo.

Additional items that may help:
    Bipod
    Rear Sand or bean bag
    Sling

We will have various equipment for you to see and demo including rifles, shooting bags, bipods, slings, back packs etc.

For this demo we have arranged to bring in some national level Shooter / instructors to assist with demonstrating the stages, providing information and basic instruction, and acting as RO's on the stages.

They include:
    Brian Allen
    Founder/Pres LPRC (Louisiana Precision Rifle Club)
    National level shooter
    2014/2015 PRS finale qualified
    Shoots and instructs for K&M Precision Rifle Training

Danny Mathews
    Match Coordinator for the LPRC
    National level competitor

Terry Cross
    National and International level Shooter and Instructor
    Many National level Competition wins.
    Owner Lead Instructor of 1Mil Right
    Owner Rifle builder of KMW Long Range Solutions

Christine Allen
    Lady PRS Shooter
    Sponsored by K&M Precision as well as other.
    Finish 4th female in PRS 2015 Finale

John Bishop
    National level Shooter in PRS and F Class.
    Sponsored by Dixie Precision Rifles.

To register for this event, you have two options. The first, and fastest way, is to logon to the website and use the online registration form. When you login to the website, the home page will display an article about this event. There is a button at the bottom of the article to register or you can email competition@fusiliercomplex.com. To register, we need your full name, email address, and phone number. The first 20 members who register will be allowed to participate. Any members who sign up after 20 will be added to a waiting list, in the event someone has to back out.

NOTE: In the interest of time and safety for this demo we must limit the shooters to adults (18yrs or older). If you do have a youth shooter that is interested by all means please come out. Should there be enough interest future shoots/matches/classes will allow youth shooters.

We will be posting a description of the stages to the club forum as well.

Please post your questions about the event to the club forum or email the event coordinator at the address above.

You are also encouraged to look up the Louisiana Precision Rifle Club (LPRC) as well as the Southeastern Precision Rifle Club (SEPRC) on Facebook.

Thank you and hope to see you at the range.

Regards,
    *Big Al*
    TFC PRS Shooting Coordinator
    www.fusiliercomplex.com

Would be awesome if the PRS style matches start to catch on here in LA. CORE is a haul but having something this close might have me braking out the bolt guns.

_Big_Al_

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Lafayette
    We are already shooting at the Prince range south of Monroe and at Long Range Alley south of Shreveport. We are really working to get something here in the south.

_Big_Al_

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Lafayette
    Cool so you know. Come shoot. Lol. Excuse my directions.

_Big_Al_

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Lafayette
    Just a reminder that the PRS Demo is still on for this Sat. June 18th. we have increased the number of allowed shooters to 30 and still have a few slots left. So come out and compete or jus come out and watch. Either way it'll should be a good day of shooting.

_Big_Al_

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Lafayette
    If you are interested in seeing what PRS style shooting is come on out to The Fusilier Complex. The Demo match Saturday June 18th S open to the public.

_Big_Al_

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Lafayette
    I should have clarified. It is open to the public to spectate. Shooters must be a member of the range to shoot this demo. If this demo goes well we plan to open future matches to the public. However if you are a member of the range I have increase the number of shooters and we do have some open slots.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Great Job Al, I had a blast! Thanks to all who help put this on. Looking forward to doing more of this! Thanks Chris :rockon:

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Thanks once again to everyone involved. How cool is it to be getting shooting tips and personalized coaching from the likes of Terry Cross and others :hi5:!!

It would be great…hint, hint…to have an occasional clinic/practice at Fuselier where we could work with barricades and other typical PRs props/stages to continue working on technique.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    When Barney88PDC talks I listen…but the deed is already done with a cheaper alternative.

Trust me, when I hit some targets at the demo match, I had you to thank for setting me on the right path. When I missed many, many others, it was the nut behind the trigger, not the trigger, that was to blame. :D

Felt pretty old school with a Remington 700P .308 among all those low recoiling 6.xxx calibers in space-age stocks. :noes:

First time I ever fired that rifle standing on my two hind legs was at Terry's 100 yard stage, sling only support. Managed 2 for 3 on standing target, 3 for 3 on the kneeling and sitting then managed to pull the prone shot. Never watched a reticle circle a target that much in my life…I thought I was shooting sporting clays!

Had a ball!

Last edited:

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Glad you had a great time. I've heard nothing but good feedback from everyone I've spoken to since Sat. It really is a lot of fun.
    The guys that came down to help, Brian, Terry, Tod, Kevin, Ronnie and John all had great things to say about the guys that shot.
    G

Last edited:

_Big_Al_

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Lafayette
    I'm Really glad to hear that everyone had a good time. We appreciate everyone coming out and supporting this and being patient as we work out the bugs. All feedback so far has been positive. We would definitely like to see actual matches and eventually a long distance range. For now we are looking into both a match, which would be short range (316 yds max) and trainup days. I would like feedback to what everyone would like to see, as well as what kind of participation we could get and if people are interested in shooting a match at close range with targets sizes to suit the distance.

Last edited:

_Big_Al_

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Lafayette
    By the way here are the scores.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      232.8 KB · Views: 302
    Last edited: