VATA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Attended 2 VATA Pistol courses over the weekend, they were very good classes and I would highly recommend them to anyone considering additional firearms training.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Glad you posted this, I am considering either VATA or advantage group.

Sent from my HTCD100LVW using Tapatalk

I've heard good stuff about VATA, and have been told it's well worth it over Advantage Group. If I ever get the free time, I'd like to attend some VATA courses.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    The instructors are top guys in LEU and Military, they knew there stuff and were very good teachers. After day one I realized I knew nothing coming in and learned more in 2 days than I have in 53 years about shooting, technique, body mechanics, recoil management etc. I'm hooked and will attend all of there classes over the next couple years.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I have been to courses with both VATA and Advantage. Both were great. Slightly different style/feel, but learned from both. Looking forward to the pistol tune up class in June...

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    They tell you max is 400 and 600 respectively, Actual was more like 275 and 400, now that could vary of course. The heat has something to do with round count also, the hotter it is the more breaks they will take as 98% of the work is outdoors at the range.

Check your Pee !

Last edited:

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I found the round count at VATA to be a little lower vs. Advantage, BUT their instructor to student ratio was excellent! I can burn rounds all day at the range. I want feedback on what I'm doing doing wrong.

That's not a knock on AG either. It's just that I think people can get wrapped up in round count. I want to shoot a lot, but I need to be given things to work on, not just convert money to noise.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I've trained with VATA, Phobos, and Advantage. All are top notch organizations. You can't go wrong with any of them!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom