Ammo cans made in Taiwan

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • latour50

Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    XCANTX.jpg

Aim Surplus has these brand new, "Mil Spec" ammo cans made in Taiwan. Does anyone have any experience with these? Are they any good? Do the rubber gaskets hold up? I'm going to be in Ohio this August and, if these ammo cans are good; I'm going to stop by Aim Surplus and get a bunch of them. Might also check with the BayouShooter community to see if a group buy is possible.

Let me know what you know about these Taiwanese Ammo Cans.

Thanks,

Latour

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Yes i do as i got the same ones from Cabela's and they are great. But got them at lower cost from Cabela's $9.99 for a 30 cal and $13.99 for a 50 cal
    The gaskets are nice and tight and paint Job is Great
    The UPS dropped them at my door, with some CCI Mini Mags
    Plus if you buy as much as $99.00 you get free shipping.
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...&cmp=EP20160526&seg=EPP9OS&cnt=2&ctb=PRODUCTN

You can purchase the superior GI cans locally for those prices.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    You can purchase the superior GI cans locally for those prices.

I could not find any nice used ones here last I looked. So grabbed the new imports. Guess that the OP is also not finding good used USGI ones.
    Did want to post "They do have a real funny paint smell"

latour50

Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    JBP55,

Any specifics on how the GI ones are superior? These are the details I am looking for with this thread.

340six,

Thanks for the information on the imported cans and the heads up on the funny smell. Is the smell overwhelming or minor?

Latour

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    JBP55,

Any specifics on how the GI ones are superior? These are the details I am looking for with this thread.

340six,

Thanks for the information on the imported cans and the heads up on the funny smell. Is the smell overwhelming or minor?

Latour

A BS member told me he put bricks in GI cans as well as imported cans and placed them in a swimming pool. When retrieved the new imported cans were filled with water and the GI cans were dry. The imports cost more and are not of the same quality as the GI cans. If someone wants to donate a new import can I will test it side by side with a GI can.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    A BS member told me he put bricks in GI cans as well as imported cans and placed them in a swimming pool. When retrieved the new imported cans were filled with water and the GI cans were dry. The imports cost more and are not of the same quality as the GI cans. If someone wants to donate a new import can I will test it side by side with a GI can.

This ^^^ +10,000

latour50

Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge

Excellent! Thanks JBP55. That's what I was looking for. Stinky and Leaky just won't do. I think I'll stick with the GI cans.

Anyone else have any information on these cans from Taiwan?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom