Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On Target

User Info Menu

Anyone shot a short bbl 327 mag

Looking for a concealed carry and wondered if anyone has any experience with 3in bbl and 327 mag. Hoping ruger will add one to lcrx 3" sooon. Primarily interested in recoil. thanks jim

Marksman

User Info Menu

CCL and 3" barrel

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunjim View Post
    Looking for a concealed carry and wondered if anyone has any experience with 3in bbl and 327 mag. Hoping ruger will add one to lcrx 3" sooon. Primarily interested in recoil. thanks jim
    Be sure to shoot .38 Special ammo. Go to the range and practice, say 50 rds., a few days before, and you should be fine. You won't be required to shoot at a distance of more than 30 feet, and probably, less.
    You will be fine.
    Double action and decocker to left of hammer. Has new Meprolight night sights and new trigger spring. I bought it from a surgeon in Covington. Really take n care of.. It is like New. Sorry I am late answering you. I had to travel to Natchez. I'll be home tomorrow.

Marksman

User Info Menu

He's going to have a rough day if he manages to touch off a 38 in a 327.
    Never fired one but was next to a guy with one at the range one day. LOUD.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Shot one a few years ago. Worse than the .357mag airlites. And a lot more punishing sound.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Metryshooter View Post
    Never fired one but was next to a guy with one at the range one day. LOUD.
    This:-)

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Metryshooter View Post
    Yeah, that'll leave a mark!
    "Incrementalism" is the weapon used by anti-gun forces to destroy the second amendment.
    "Compromise" is a negotiation term that can only be used one time - when you compromise a compromise, you have lost the entire issue.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” Hunter S. Thompson

On Target

User Info Menu

Thanks, will stick with 38 because of versatility & ammo prices.

User Info Menu

Just added a Ruger LCR 327 6rd revolver w/1.87" barrel to my collection. Fires 32 s&w long, H&R magnum, and 327 Federal Mag. The Federal Magnum is very uncomfortable to hold, so I won't be shooting that load unless in an emergency. The h&r mag is not bad and the 32 long is sweet at the range. I love the gun and the ballistics of the 327 magnum.
    Last edited by SirVive; January 13th, 2020 at 11:18 AM.

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

I've got a big hammer that'll help fit those .38's into those .32 chambers.

On this topic, I'm sort of a .32 nut here.

.327 Magnum is LOUD, and recoil is punishing , but

.32 H&R Magnum ammunition can be used in any .327 mag chambered firearm.

.32 H&R Mag has plenty of energy on target, without all of the flash, recoil and noise of the .327 mag round.

.32 WCF is another great round, but that's a subject for another day.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

Marksman

User Info Menu

It's a hammer. I think everyone has covered most of it. The LCRX might be a bit light in the frame. I'd look at either a GP100 or SPS101. The all steel frame will help manage the recoil.
    I love the round. Have it in a single seven, lever gun, and a GP100. Good luck.