Need help on a Glock 42 Where are the Glock guys??????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    I bought my soon to be Wife a Glock 42. She loves it. She shot darn good or being a first time shooter. Gun fits her hands well but we do have a couple problems.

1st. Its hard for her to rack the slide. She doesnt have the grip strength to squeeze the slide and pull it back. Isnt there something that can be mounted on the rear of the slide? Ive seen competition glocks with huge cocking handles i guess i would call it. I dont want anything big though. Whats my choices?

2nd. I was looking at a larger slide release and mag release. Pros? cons? Im just trying to make it easier for her with her small fingers lol

3rd. Wouldnt a lighter spring help her rack the slide?

4th. Whats a decent drop in trigger to make the trigger pull a little lighter and smoother?

Im sure by my questions yall have figured out that I dont know crap about a Glock

She loved my Tanfoglio but its too big. So I gotta figure out the ins and out of the Glock for her.
    And if you reply with suggestions please post a pic and or link. I never knew there were som mant companies and diferant gadgets for Glocks. Thanks in advance

Oh and Ill Trade a never fired slide in FDE for a pink one......lmao

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I bought my soon to be Wife a Glock 42. She loves it. She shot darn good or being a first time shooter. Gun fits her hands well but we do have a couple problems.

1st. Its hard for her to rack the slide. She doesnt have the grip strength to squeeze the slide and pull it back. Isnt there something that can be mounted on the rear of the slide? Ive seen competition glocks with huge cocking handles i guess i would call it. I dont want anything big though. Whats my choices?

2nd. I was looking at a larger slide release and mag release. Pros? cons? Im just trying to make it easier for her with her small fingers lol

4th. Whats a decent drop in trigger to make the trigger pull a little lighter and smoother?

Im sure by my questions yall have figured out that I dont know crap about a Glock

She loved my Tanfoglio but its too big. So I gotta figure out the ins and out of the Glock for her.
    And if you reply with suggestions please post a pic and or link. I never knew there were som mant companies and diferant gadgets for Glocks. Thanks in advance

1. Hold the pistol close to your chest with your non dominant hand on the slide and push the pistol forward with your dominant hand.
    2. Release the slide with your hand, rather than trying to use the slide stop.
    3. Yes, when they become available.
    4. The recent G42/G43 pistols are shipping with a minus connector. If you have an older pistol a Glock Armorer can get a new minus connector from Glock.
    5. You can also purchase a minus connector from Ghost.

Last edited:

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    Okay sorry, but gotta ask?
    I was about to purchase the G42 to replace the shield - but know I worry?
    Same issue with wife, not much strength when racking.

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    1. Hold the pistol close to your chest with your non dominant hand on the slide and push the pistol forward with your dominant hand.
    2. Release the slide with your hand, rather than trying to use the slide stop.
    3. Yes, when they become available.
    4. The recent G42/G43 pistols are shipping with a minus connector. If you have an older pistol a Glock Armorer can get a new minus connector from Glock.
    5. You can also purchase a minus connector from Ghost.

+1

the little handles that go on the back of the Glock just gets in the way.

also - a good polish of the stock components will lighten the stock trigger. You can find videos on youtube.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Without seeing her do it it's hard to critique, but proper form as explained by James will help a ton with slide manipulation

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Shoot more rounds through it. That'll loosen it up. I got the shield over the g43 and ive been a glock guy since 04. First non glock I've bought since 04

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Congrats on the engagement!

1. Yes, Vickers Tactical makes one. Or Tango Down, whatever the hell the company name is.

Q15_7991b1.jpg

2. No on the slide release and no on the mag release. It's far easier to pull the slide (especially with the slide racker) and let it go home, than trying to awkwardly push down on the miniature slide lock.

3. Yes, but you're messing with the mechanics of the firearm. Don't do it.

4. Leave the trigger alone and let her put more rounds down range.

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    1st. Its hard for her to rack the slide. She doesn't have the grip strength to squeeze the slide and pull it back. Isn't there something that can be mounted on the rear of the slide? Ive seen competition glocks with huge cocking handles i guess i would call it. I don't want anything big though. Whats my choices?

http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/ecommerce/carver-custom-sliderackers/ez-racker-for-glock.cfm
    http://www.glockstore.com/Charging-Handle-for-Glock-42
    http://www.rockyourglock.com/custom/GSR-01.htm

http://www.glockmeister.com/Slide-Stop-Lever-and-Spring-for-the-GLOCK-42/productinfo/G33272/

3rd. Would a lighter spring help her rack the slide?

I wouldn't go with a lighter recoils spring, you may have trouble cycling ammo.
    You can always get a connector to help with trigger pull and also polish all the trigger parts for a smoother and cleaner pull.
    http://www.rockyourglock.com/custom/GHO-42.htm
    http://www.glockstore.com/Double-Diamond-3-5-Pound-Connector-for-G42-43

http://www.glockstore.com/Pyramid-Trigger-for-G42-and-G43

Also maybe work on grip strength itself.
    After I had a couple plates put in my arm and wrist, I had issues with regaining grip strengh. physical theapry helped alot and working with tools like this helps tremendously
    http://www.amazon.com/Gripmaster-Ex...465478689&ref_=sr_1_8&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-8

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    Bringing this back from the dead.
    I never changed any parts in this Glock. After 500 rounds or so she has learned to manipulate the slide better. The gun did loosen up a little. After a couple cleanings and quality lube, every thing is working in her favor. She took James advise on technique and all is well. Thanks again guys. I was gonna waste money on parts. It was her, not the gun.

Top Bottom