This coincides too perfectly...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That new study that says Baton Rouge is the 2nd most dangerous city to drive in? They weren't kidding. I had a little face off with a deranged homicidal maniac on I-10W yesterday. Said homicidal maniac moved over for the bright flashing lights, but ZERO drivers gave a crap about the blinding flashing lights or oncoming driver, just kept right on cruising down the interstate without slowing down or moving over. This particular homicidal maniac managed to get another 6.6 MILES in oncoming traffic before getting taken down at the EBR/Ascension parish line.

I will admit that I kept ramming him on the table as a viable option right up till the last moment, but none of the traffic behind me gave any indication that they would be able to stop if I caromed back into the middle lane afterwards. You can't tell very well in the video but he made a juke at the driver in the middle lane as I crested the bridge. Fortunately traffic was fairly light behind me so I doubt he had too many opportunities to ram people.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    If it's going to cost them more than 0.25 seconds, the drivers around here just don't have time for that crap no matter who they have to endanger.

Super drunk?

West

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Baton Rouge, louisiana
    How does that happen? At some point you gotta realize what's going on and turn around right? Or am I using to much common sense?

Sent from my HTCD100LVW using Tapatalk

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    approaching east bound to the Mississippi bridge on I-10 on night, I watched someone turn left off of the HWY 1 entrance and come shooting down the bridge at me counter flow. I think it was accidental, as he swerved when we almost hit and turned around. Glad you go that guy off the road.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Baton Rouge is a traffic nightmare. Where else in the entire country, except during the Summer at the Mobile Bay Tunnel approach, is there bumper to bumper traffic on I-10 Westbound on a Sunday afternoon?

That Mobile Tunnel is the stupidest idea that an Alabaman has conceived since George Wallace tried to take on the US army at the door of the University of Alabama in 1963.

A two lane I-10 bridge over the Mississippi River in the Capital of a state, is a relatively close second! :doh:

Let's not even discuss the one lane exit!

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    You couldn't have survived in houston in 1980s,early 1990s.The transit buses drove the opposite way of traffic in the hov lane at around 70-80 miles an hour.When they past you in a smaller car,you could feel a serious breeze...

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    You couldn't have survived in houston in 1980s,early 1990s.The transit buses drove the opposite way of traffic in the hov lane at around 70-80 miles an hour.When they past you in a smaller car,you could feel a serious breeze...

That's where and when I learned to drive. School of hard knocks if you got your first motorbike there.

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    Baton Rouge is a traffic nightmare. Where else in the entire country, except during the Summer at the Mobile Bay Tunnel approach, is there bumper to bumper traffic on I-10 Westbound on a Sunday afternoon?

That Mobile Tunnel is the stupidest idea that an Alabaman has conceived since George Wallace tried to take on the US army at the door of the University of Alabama in 1963.

A two lane I-10 bridge over the Mississippi River in the Capital of a state, is a relatively close second! :doh:

Let's not even discuss the one lane exit!

OK, we won't discuss it, but it gets my vote for the most stupid thing I've ever seen on an interstate.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    That new study that says Baton Rouge is the 2nd most dangerous city to drive in? They weren't kidding. I had a little face off with a deranged homicidal maniac on I-10W yesterday. Said homicidal maniac moved over for the bright flashing lights, but ZERO drivers gave a crap about the blinding flashing lights or oncoming driver, just kept right on cruising down the interstate without slowing down or moving over. This particular homicidal maniac managed to get another 6.6 MILES in oncoming traffic before getting taken down at the EBR/Ascension parish line.

I will admit that I kept ramming him on the table as a viable option right up till the last moment, but none of the traffic behind me gave any indication that they would be able to stop if I caromed back into the middle lane afterwards. You can't tell very well in the video but he made a juke at the driver in the middle lane as I crested the bridge. Fortunately traffic was fairly light behind me so I doubt he had too many opportunities to ram people.

Actually it was an elderly white woman with dementia who was transported to the hospital with chest pains and shortness of breath. Not a "deranged homicidal maniac".

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Actually it was an elderly white woman with dementia who was transported to the hospital with chest pains and shortness of breath. Not a "deranged homicidal maniac".

Well, that's nice to know. I wouldn't have acted any differently based on that information though. I'm glad I didn't block her since she didn't go on to kill anyone, but if the situation had permitted I would have. Call me heartless all you want, I don't see much difference between a demented old lady and a deranged homicidal person when they put that many lives at risk in that manner. Maniac, I'm sure she wasn't, but on a whopping 5 seconds of interaction I didn't have much else to go on.

I'm glad she's ok and I hope someone removes her access to any vehicles in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom