Rifle ranges near Nola

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I want to go to Honey Island but tomorrow is the only day I have free for a while. Are there any other places within 45 minutes of nola to shoot a rifle. Even a short range indoor would suffice for what I need to do.
    Thanks

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    About an hour away; Lafourche Sheriff Range on 182 at hwy 90,open to public wed-sun 8-5. 100 & 200 yard range for rifles. 100 yard is covered. $10 to shoot all day.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Thanks guys. I know st. Bernardino would be a short range. Do any of the outdoor ranges allow for 50 yd shots? I'm afraid I won't be able to hit anything with these open sights.
    Sorry for stupid questions. I'm used to shooting in MS where only swanky people actually pay to shoot.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Thanks guys. I know st. Bernardino would be a short range. Do any of the outdoor ranges allow for 50 yd shots? I'm afraid I won't be able to hit anything with these open sights.
    Sorry for stupid questions. I'm used to shooting in MS where only swanky people actually pay to shoot.

Bayous Dragon goes to 50 yds. indoors and rifles up to .30 Cal.
    There is a second range indoors.
    They are adding another range but I am not at all clear on the details.
    I was told yesterday they added new lighting. $22 bucks to shoot all day IIRC. It sounded like they are looking at making improvements.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Bayous Dragon goes to 50 yds. indoors and rifles up to .30 Cal.
    There is a second range indoors.
    They are adding another range but I am not at all clear on the details.
    I was told yesterday they added new lighting. $22 bucks to shoot all day IIRC. It sounded like they are looking at making improvements.

Thanks, I think I am going there today. if I can get some decent groups at 50 I'll stretch it out at another.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Went to BD, was an interesting experience. I enjoyed talking to the old man.

I'm going to Nick's soon. I've never shot at an outdoor rifle range. What is the target situation? Can I shoot at plates or do I need to bring targets or buy them there?

JabbaTheWhat01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    No plates allowed at Nick's. You can bring your own paper targets. I'm a big fan of Nick's. Outdoor range only, but it is covered, and Nick is a good guy.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Went to BD, was an interesting experience. I enjoyed talking to the old man.

I'm going to Nick's soon. I've never shot at an outdoor rifle range. What is the target situation? Can I shoot at plates or do I need to bring targets or buy them there?

If the "Old Man" was Courtney, yeah he is a trip.
    If it was Todd, then damn I'm old too.

Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    Its been several years since I went to Honey Island. They committed a most serious sin in my view. They recorded the serial numbers of the guns I brought in. What I have is private and I don't want anybody accumulating any info that could constitute a data base.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Its been several years since I went to Honey Island. They committed a most serious sin in my view. They recorded the serial numbers of the guns I brought in. What I have is private and I don't want anybody accumulating any info that could constitute a data base.

Wow, now I know I'll never visit the HI range, thx for the info. What damned business is the serial number of your firearms? I guess to check for stolen firearms, but that's like a serious infringement on your privacy. In 35 years of shooting, I've never been to ANY sort of range that recorded my firearm serial number.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Yeah, Nick and Paul are accommodating. And its fairly safe. Check this out, at the close of business every day Nick packs up every single firearm and takes them home. He got robbed twice early on and had to adopt this strategy. He used to have his shop on Main St in Gramercy probably 10-15 years ago. This blew me away when he told me this a long time ago. Talk about a real hassle! But like Nick said to me, it is his livelihood and has to what he must to survive/make a profit.

Top Bottom