All American Gunsmithing moving

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Yup, hope everything works out for you as well. Really wasn't trying to be a dick earlier. Just would rather get the whole story. Best of luck.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

longdude17

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Wow... this whole shitshow of a thread was quite entertaining. AK shooter, your lucky you will get anything... he could have easily said "sorry it was lost in the flood" but at least he tried to make it right. I've been dealing with jake for over 5 years and have made at least 35 ffl transfers and had a ton of smithing work done with ZERO issues. His day job does pull him to work the roads at times, but considering the current circumstances cut the guy some slack

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Wow... this whole shitshow of a thread was quite entertaining. AK shooter, your lucky you will get anything... he could have easily said "sorry it was lost in the flood" but at least he tried to make it right. I've been dealing with jake for over 5 years and have made at least 35 ffl transfers and had a ton of smithing work done with ZERO issues. His day job does pull him to work the roads at times, but considering the current circumstances cut the guy some slack

Yeah but it's always the one bad deal that can ruin a reputation. Whatever the case open and clear communication would have alleviated all of this.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    His day job does pull him to work the roads at times, but considering the current circumstances cut the guy some slack

Been reading this thread for awhile. That reason is no excuse for poor customer service if he is "trying" to run a bussiness. With that kind of service I doubt that he will be in bussiness for very long and it will be his own fault. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes fits here!

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    Wow... this whole **** show of a thread was quite entertaining. AK shooter, your lucky you will get anything... he could have easily said "sorry it was lost in the flood" but at least he tried to make it right. I've been dealing with Jake for over 5 years and have made at least 35 ffl transfers and had a ton of smithing work done with ZERO issues. His day job does pull him to work the roads at times, but considering the current circumstances cut the guy some slack

Long, it isn't like this is the first person to experience problems of this sort with this guy...

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've been done wrong by 2 sponsors on BS

Two? That's all? Lucky you! :rofl:

I've only had one sponsor go out of their way to help me. They know who they are and they are humble enough not to brag about it.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    This whole string of accusations, counter-accusations, and crap has a name:it's called bullying. Grow up, give it a rest and get on with life. GW

You're out of your league here. I know akshooter. He is no bully and I assure you that if he told you he would fix something for you he'd do it without thinking twice about money.
    And in a timely manner to boot.

Last edited:

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Accusations? That's funny

The sad part is if anyone would look at the dates on the text vs forum post they would see the lack of communication played a huge role in this being brought in the open.

I've been done wrong by 2 sponsors on BS in the past then found out after though PMs there was many done wrong before me. If people would post honest reviews it would help others in the future.

Edit to add: I wish on the 29th when Jake posted he would have said: He understood AKshooters frustration and the parts would be mailed out "that would have been the right response".

Other than the 2 people sighted in this thread I have never had a disgruntled client. The first was during a transition between shops and the other was during a rebuild of a home and a shop due to a flood. With the amount of firearms that I deal with a week this is not bad. If these were actual firearms then we would have a problem. They were parts and those parts are tracked in a different way than firearms are. So, through any of this were either of the "offended" out any money? No, I completely refunded the guy with the barrel, and these parts ,that this thread has turned into, have been sent back to the guy that owns them (including his $7 for shipping). I have been in business for over 10 years and throughout those years I have dealt with, the only issues I have had with any client is when I try and do something to help out. In both of these instances I explained to these guys what was going on ( the move and the flood) before I started on their work.( to their defense I didn't foresee any shipping problems)The communication could have been better on my part, but that goes both ways. On the 29th my response was one of frustration and I stated that. I have a backlog of work to be done that exceeds 3 months, and getting more every day with new work coming in. The things that I have learned from this whole "dumpster fire" is that I'll not be doing anything to "help out" any more, and if you want something done you'll have to wait in line, just like everyone else. I will also retain the right to refuse doing work and selling product to anyone that may have a problem with this. You can always get Bubba to do your work for cheaper and faster anyway.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom