@ Palo Alto Members (pt. Deux)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ParrottSquawk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2016
    Walker, LA
    Thanks for reading this!

I saw another thread addressing these members, but didn't want to hijack/zombie it.

For 8 years, I've been shooting pistols, mostly my 9mm Taurus, and my .38 special (until the firing pin snapped off). Recently, I've been getting into rifles and have done some 25 yard shots in my back yard and a few 75 yard shots at my buddy's house, but looking for something a bit more consistent to sight in the rifle.

I would like to sign up for Palo Alto Gun Club membership and have recently applied for an NRA membership as well to fulfill the requirements. However, it looks as though there is required a member recommendation to enter the club, if one has never met anyone there, how might I gain the recommendation?

13332949_1756495224628932_1968630525028658486_n.jpg
    13307235_1756495584628896_4837373558788278045_n.jpg

Last edited:

bwalke1

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    www.louisianashooting.com (LSA)

if i were you i would go to Palo Alto on a weekend when they are having an NRA certified match of some sort since the club will be open to NRA members at that time. you can check scheduled matches on line at Palo Alto's websight or the LSA websight . Go and introduce yourself and talk to some of the club members. i'm sure some of the elected officials of the club will be there as well. the last i heard there was a waiting list to join the club so good luck with that. step one is to join the NRA.

Last edited:

ParrottSquawk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2016
    Walker, LA
    Any other options within 50 miles of Baton Rouge that gives 200+ yards?

www.louisianashooting.com (LSA)

if i were you i would go to Palo Alto on a weekend when they are having an NRA certified match of some sort since the club will be open to NRA members at that time. you can check scheduled matches on line at Palo Alto's websight or the LSA websight . Go and introduce yourself and talk to some of the club members. i'm sure some of the elected officials of the club will be there as well. the last i heard there was a waiting list to join the club so good luck with that. step one is to join the NRA.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    No-Name
    You don't have to have a members recommendation to become a member. Find an application on the web page fill it out and mail it in. Applications are only taken during April/May. They will contact you during that time to see if you still want to join. They will have a meet & greet for those potential member without sponsors. So get the application in to get in the system.

Beauxdog

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    No-Name
    You don't have to have a members recommendation to become a member. Find an application on the web page fill it out and mail it in. Applications are only taken during April/May. They will contact you during that time to see if you still want to join. They will have a meet & greet for those potential member without sponsors. So get the application in to get in the system.

Beauxdog

^^^^
    What Brian said.

Or as mentioned above, come out and visit the 1st or 2nd Saturday of the month when we are shooting on the 600y line.
    Bring eye and ear protection.
    Introduce yourself and we will show you around.
    Mickey

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    You have to be an NRA member to join the club.
    You do not have to be a NRA member to shoot matches (unless specifically requested by the match director). 1st and 2nd Saturdays are open to anyone to shoot.
    Like Mickey said, come on out and visit.
    And also, ditto to what Brian said.
    Rick

Top Bottom