It's Time To Step Up! It's Time to Help!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Never in my life have I seen such a disdain for upholding the Constitution as these treasonous democrat politicians are doing today. This country was recently attacked by an islamic terrorist and they are trying to deceive the American people by excusing the facts, and pushing gun control instead. The president is an ideological zombie dumbass, the DOJ is corrupt, and the media are complicit. This country is in a tailspin!

Today, more than ever, these whack job liars are doing everything they can to dissuade gun ownership, and subvert the heritage and freedom we are trying to impart to the children of America. They would like nothing more than to have American children not be introduced to shooting sports, hunting, and firearms for self defense! If we don't keep these traditions safe, and continue to introduce our kids to this wonderful freedom, there may be a time where America surrenders that freedom.

The Friends of NRA are local grassroots volunteer organizations all across the US that raise money to provide those opportunities for kids through grants for youth shooting programs, shooting equipment, gun range development, and firearms safety programs.

The Annual Pelican State Chapter of the Friends of NRA Banquet is Saturday, August 20. Last year's Banquet was the 5th most successful fundraising FNRA Banquet out of 1100 others nationwide! Think about that! Here in Baton Rouge, Louisiana; we bested Banquets in some of the largest cities in America, that are even more gun friendly than we. Baton Rouge! Wow!

Some of you guys enjoy these traditions and never think twice about the future of it. You'll buy thousands of dollars of guns and ammo and not even put up $25 to be an NRA Member, or any shooting organization member for that matter, to protect it. For everyone one of you that has kids that you are introducing firearms to, there are hundreds, if not thousands more, that have no father, grandfather, uncle, or friend to introduce them to shooting and/or mentor them. That is the kids, I want to help!

Help us, help them! Look at the sponsorship opportunities I have below, and do your part. PM me. If you want to join me, or learn more. It's time to stop sitting on your hands!
    The 23[SUP]nd[/SUP]Annual Pelican State FNRA Banquet
    Saturday, August 20,2016 - Crowne Plaza HotelBaton Rouge

Sponsorship Levels:
    Diamond Sponsor: $50,000 cash donation
    Includes: A Nighthawk Custom 1911 Falcon in 45 ACP and aLWRC REPR 308/7.62NATO in FDE tan with a 20” barrel. 9 Banquet tickets, and 2 separate chances fortwo guns.

Platinum Sponsor: $25,000 cash donation
    Includes: A Nighthawk Custom 1911 Enforcer in 45 ACP. 9Banquet tickets, and 2 separate chances for two guns

Gold Sponsor: $10,000cash donation
    Includes: A SAKO A7 Big Game 308 with a stainless steelbarrel. 9 Banquet tickets, and 2separate chances for two guns

Silver 1 Sponsor: $5000 cash donation
    Includes: 1 choice of any of these Limited Edition guns – DanielDefense DD5 v1 7.62NATO with NRA logo, NRA Edition Colt Marine .45 ACP 1911(w/US Marine Corps Insignia & “Semper Fi” text and NRA Logo); Winchester Model 73 Short High Grade .357/.38 (Speciallyengraved NRA text in 24k Gold); Colt SA Army.45 Revolver; Kimber Custom II WarriorSOC 1911 .45 ACP (w/ NRA Logo), or Remington UMC Commemorative 1911(w/reproduction leather holster, lanyard, magazine pouch, and two-tonemagazines in presentation box); 9 Banquet tickets, and 2 separate chances fortwo guns.

Silver 2 Sponsor: $5000 cash donation
    Includes: 9 each (enough for each of your guests!) Ruger10-22 Rifles; 9 Banquet tickets, and 2 separate chances for two guns.

Bronze Sponsor: $1850cash donation
    Includes: 1 choice of these guns; Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm Rifle(w/NRA Logo); Kel-Tec CMR .22mag Rifle; Uberti 1873 SA Cattleman 45LC. 9 Banquet tickets, and 2 separate chances fortwo guns.

Corporate Sponsor: $1000cash donation
    Includes: Business Card Size Ad in the Program, 9 Banquet tickets,a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment Piece, and 2 separate chances for two guns.

Basic Table Sponsor: $750cash donation
    Includes: 9 Banquet tickets, a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] AmendmentPiece, and a chance at a gun.

Advertising Opportunities in the Official BanquetProgram are:
    Full Page - $600 ½ Page - $350 ¼ Page - $200 Business Card - $125

Gun in Memory of:
    Donate a gun or cash valued at $350 or more and have aFather/Mother/Grandparent/Veteran/Sibling/Friend memorialized and added on tothe Forever Wall that will be on location for every Annual PSFNRA Banquet.

Donate or Underwrite a Gun or Gift
    Donate a gun or anycash equivalent to the cause of Teaching Freedom so we can continue to foster,support, and protect gun Rights for future generations.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Part of the solution is making sure future generations continue to partake in the shooting sports and partake in understanding the reasons we have firearms in the first place.
    Get involved, get invested, donate, volunteer!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Post a link to their annual financial statements, and I might entertain supporting them.

I personally like to see where contributions/revenues are being spent and who's getting what before I donate my money.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    If you search NRA Foundation Annual Report, you can view the information there.

"The Friends of NRA are local grassroots volunteer organizations"

"The Annual Pelican State Chapter of the Friends of NRA Banquet is Saturday, August 20."

It clearly states this is a local organization....The Friends of NRA.

Last edited:

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    Count me out, I will never attend another friends of the nra event.
    As an NRA Endowment Member, at the recent friends of the nra event in Harahan, La. I and my GF were tread like we didn't matter and were not welcome.
    If you don't purchase a table you don't matter.
    With in the first 10 mins of being there, I finally found someone that could point us in the right direction on where we could sit for the people that didn't purchase a table. We were told table XYZ so we go over there and put out stuff down. The GF stays there and I go and get us some drinks, not 2 mins after I walk off, she comes up to me and tells me that we are not allow to sit there.
    So we go back over there and before I set our stuff back down I ask her who told you that we couldn't sit here and she pointed that person out. I set our stuff on the table next to that person, for some reason he didn't say anything to me.
    I got the attention of the person that told us which table we could sit, we double check and we were at the right table. Anyway the person that told us we couldn't sit there talks to the other guy for a minute or two, the guy comes to me and the GF and tells us there are no other seats available and we would have to stand for the rest of the event.
    Needless to say we left, $90 down the drain

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    "The Friends of NRA are local grassroots volunteer organizations"

"The Annual Pelican State Chapter of the Friends of NRA Banquet is Saturday, August 20."

It clearly states this is a local organization....The Friends of NRA.

50% of the money raised at our event stays here and benefits local kids' shooting sports (Equipment, guns, ammo, development, safety instruction). This is distributed very carefully through Grant requests. Grants requests are always validated! The PSFNRA Chapter covers the 5 Parish area in and around Baton Rouge (though we have given money to groups further out).

The other 50% goes to the NRA Foundation where they distribute most of the money to kids shooting programs in areas where they are not fortunate enough to have chapters!

You can see a list of our recipients on the Pelicans State Friends of NRA Website/page.

The Baton Rouge Banquet was the 5th most successful Banquet last year of 1100 others held around the US. That accomplishment speaks for itself!

Come with us, John!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Count me out, I will never attend another friends of the nra event.
    As an NRA Endowment Member, at the recent friends of the nra event in Harahan, La. I and my GF were tread like we didn't matter and were not welcome.
    If you don't purchase a table you don't matter.
    With in the first 10 mins of being there, I finally found someone that could point us in the right direction on where we could sit for the people that didn't purchase a table. We were told table XYZ so we go over there and put out stuff down. The GF stays there and I go and get us some drinks, not 2 mins after I walk off, she comes up to me and tells me that we are not allow to sit there.
    So we go back over there and before I set our stuff back down I ask her who told you that we couldn't sit here and she pointed that person out. I set our stuff on the table next to that person, for some reason he didn't say anything to me.
    I got the attention of the person that told us which table we could sit, we double check and we were at the right table. Anyway the person that told us we couldn't sit there talks to the other guy for a minute or two, the guy comes to me and the GF and tells us there are no other seats available and we would have to stand for the rest of the event.
    Needless to say we left, $90 down the drain

Bryanbag, this is very disconcerting to hear! I am sorry that happened to you. I don't know the people that run those other functions, we are all autonomous of each other. You would NEVER be treated that way at our Banquet. That being said, and only in the case of the PSFNRA, we pack 800 people in the Crown Plaza Ballroom. There is no other venue large enough to hold our event without moving it to an arena. We choose not to do that because it will take the comfort and the atmosphere away.

Again, I can't speak for Harahan, but I will tell you when you cannot expand the number of tables the only way to increase donations is to find larger donors. That's not just a FNRA Banquet, that is ANY fundraising banquet! Our challenge is to raise donations for kids shooting sports, while accommodating ALL of our supporters. Particularly those that helped you get to the dance! This is our 23rd Annual Banquet. It is one of the few things that I pour my heart and soul into now, because I believe in the cause!

I think it is unfair to make a blanket statement as you did above on my thread, just because you were treated badly by a completely different group! With that logic, you should disparage all McDonalds in the country because you got French fries in your bag of breakfast instead of hash browns at a McDonalds on a trip to Peoria!

Last edited:

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    Bryanbag, this is very disconcerting to hear! I am sorry that happened to you. I don't know the people that run those other functions, we are all autonomous of each other. You would NEVER be treated that way at our Banquet. That being said, and only in the case of the PSFNRA, we pack 800 people in the Crown Plaza Ballroom. There is no other venue large enough to hold our event without moving it to an arena. We choose not to do that because it will take the comfort and the atmosphere away.

Again, I can't speak for Harahan, but I will tell you when you cannot expand the number of tables the only way to increase donations is to find larger donors. That's not just a FNRA Banquet, that is ANY fundraising banquet! Our challenge is to raise donations for kids shooting sports, while accommodating ALL of our supporters. Particularly those that helped you get to the dance! This is our 23rd Annual Banquet. It is one of the few things that I pour my heart and soul into now, because I believe in the cause!

I think it is unfair to make a blanket statement as you did above on my thread, just because you were treated badly by a completely different group! With that logic, you should disparage all McDonalds in the country because you got French fries in your bag of breakfast instead of hash browns at a McDonalds on a trip to Peoria!

Your right, I made my statement as a blanket statement. I assumed the friends of the nra banquets were all intertwined, I guess not. (I'm sorry)
    One bad experience doesn't mean that there all the same way, I will try to do better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom