Glock Wins New FBI Contract.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I like both Glock and HK but let's remember winning a government contract is like a big old ugly fat John picking the cheapest hooker on the street. Get the best bang for your buck.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Anyone wants to test HK on the side of a Glock this weekend? I say we start with disassembled guns in a bucket of mud start a timer and see what gun gets 2 mags on target fastest. I will supply a G-19 anyone wanna put up an HK?

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I like both Glock and HK but let's remember winning a government contract is like a big old ugly fat John picking the cheapest hooker on the street. Get the best bang for your buck.

We have a winner here!!! You just nailed it!!!

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Anyone wants to test HK on the side of a Glock this weekend? I say we start with disassembled guns in a bucket of mud start a timer and see what gun gets 2 mags on target fastest. I will supply a G-19 anyone wanna put up an HK?

You are welcome to try that with your own Glock and HK. Be sure to film it for us.
    I am happy with the torture tests already done by Glock and HK.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    SUPPPOOOSSSEEEDDDLLLYYY, some guy on Arfcom knows a guy that slept with another guy who had breakfast with a guy that is in the FBI suicide squad with batman, and the new Glocks are Gen 4 BFG with no finger grooves. He said they've already been issuing them, for a few weeks. :dunno:

DerpMeister

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Zachary
    .. the new Glocks are Gen 4 BFG with no finger grooves.

Correct; they have been ID'ed as the "M" pistols... G17M and G19M. What did that guy mean by "BFG"? Battle Field Green? It exists, but personally I doubt the FB-1s will get green frames in general. There are a few other differences, but the only thing I know for sure is the new guns have grips like the old Gen2 Glock pistols; IOW, no finger grooves.

Not likely for us to see or buy any of these for some time. Eventually, probably... but not soon.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Correct; they have been ID'ed as the "M" pistols... G17M and G19M. What did that guy mean by "BFG"? Battle Field Green? It exists, but personally I doubt the FB-1s will get green frames in general. There are a few other differences, but the only thing I know for sure is the new guns have grips like the old Gen2 Glock pistols; IOW, no finger grooves.

Not likely for us to see or buy any of these for some time. Eventually, probably... but not soon.

BFG = Battlefield Green.

The arfcom guy said he saw it and that's what color it was. That's really odd for them to have anything other than black.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Last Friday my brother came over and had his think gen 2.5? Is a sub compact 40 it has no finger grooves.
    I have to say it is much nicer than ones with them

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    An example: Glock sells the new pistols for approximately $350 each and the distributor allows approximately $250 each on the trades meaning the buyer pays approximately $100 each for the new pistols after trade in allowance and is exempt from paying taxes. The distributor sells the used pistols for approximately $375 each with 1 magazine and keeps the 2 spare magazines for retail sale.
    There are 2 Glock Distributors in Louisiana. Barneys will take trades and Baton Rouge Police Supply will not take trades.

I can confirm pretty much all of this. I put in my time at Barneys.

DerpMeister

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Zachary
    That's really odd for them to have anything other than black.

Agreed. However, I checked with two FBI SWAT guys (not HRT from Quantico; regular agents in two major cities who are on their regional SWAT teams as an aside) I know. They all got green frame G17s a while back to replace their SA 1911 SWAT pistols; just them, the non-SWAT+ agents all still have all-black Glocks.

So maybe there is indeed something to this.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom