Glock Wins New FBI Contract.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Glock Awarded New FBI Contract Today.

Solicitation Number:
    RFP-OSCU-DSU1503
    Notice Type:
    Award
    Contract Award Date:
    June 29, 2016
    Contract Award Number:
    DJF-16-1200-V-0006459
    Contract Award Dollar Amount:
    Not To Exceed $85,000,000.00
    Contractor Awarded Name:
    GLOCK, INC.
    Contractor Awarded DUNS:
    Contractor Awarded Address:
    6000 Highlands Pkwy SE
    Smyrna, Georgia 30082
    United States
    Synopsis:
    Added: Oct 07, 2015 2:37 pm
    The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is issuing an unrestricted solicitation for various 9mm luger pistols and all associated replacement parts with the intent of making single award of a fixed price indefinite-delivery indefinite-quantity (IDIQ) contract. In accordance with FAR 2.101, Multi-Agency Contracts, this solicitation includes a provision authorizing other law enforcement agencies to utilize the contract on a case-by-case basis with prior approval. The anticipated period of performance consists of one (1) base year and nine (9) possible additional one-year options.

Offers are to be received no later than 12:00 PM (EST) on January 28, 2016, to the attention of Jennifer R. Unger, Contracting Officer, Federal Bureau of Investigation, 170 Marcel Drive, Winchester, VA 22602. Questions regarding this solicitation shall be directed to the Contracting Officer at Jennifer.Unger@ic.fbi.gov with reference to RFP-OSCU-DSU1503.

The North American Industry Classification System code is 332994 with a small business size standard of 1,000 employees. The awardee shall be registered in the System for Award Management at (www.sam.gov).

The anticipated award date is on or about June 2016. The notice will be distributed solely through the General Services Administration Federal Business Opportunities (FBO) Website (www.fedbizopps.gov).

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    They love to waste money. All they need are Glock 9mm barrels and mags.

I would not expect any LEA to carry a .40 Glock after changing only the barrel and magazines to 9mm. Reliability, Liability/Legal Issues would be a good start.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I would not expect any LEA to carry a .40 Glock after changing only the barrel and magazines to 9mm. Reliability, Liability/Legal Issues would be a good start.

Isn't the exterior dimensions of the factory .40 and 9mm barrels different "the reason they make conversion barrels"?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Isn't the exterior dimensions of the factory .40 and 9mm barrels different "the reason they make conversion barrels"?

That's not the point.

The amount of BS and paperwork you have to go through is already annoying. Could you imagine having to send every duty gun to an armorer to change a barrel? Because that's what would happen, due to legalities. It's also easier to have everyone upgrade their Gen 3 .40 S&W Glocks to Gen 4 9mm Glocks.

The sad part is that most of the .40 S&W Glocks will probably be destroyed.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    That's not the point.

The amount of BS and paperwork you have to go through is already annoying. Could you imagine having to send every duty gun to an armorer to change a barrel? Because that's what would happen, due to legalities. It's also easier to have everyone upgrade their Gen 3 .40 S&W Glocks to Gen 4 9mm Glocks.

The sad part is that most of the .40 S&W Glocks will probably be destroyed.
    I have also seen issues with the 40to 9mm conversions. I was told the plunger spring and the spring loaded bearing also needs to be changed. I say just buy a 9mm and not have any issues.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I have also seen issues with the 40to 9mm conversions. I was told the plunger spring and the spring loaded bearing also needs to be changed. I say just buy a 9mm and not have any issues.

Correct. Regardless of foreseeable issues, it's a whole lot easier to get a brand new 9mm.

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    The most interesting facet of this contract is that the FBI RFP specifically forbids finger grooves on the frame of the pistol.
    I am guessing a Gen5 will be the end result.
    Whether it will be commercially available is up for debate but I would definitely buy one if so.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The most interesting facet of this contract is that the FBI RFP specifically forbids finger grooves on the frame of the pistol.
    Whether it will be commercially available is up for debate but I would definitely buy one if so.

G17M and G19M.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Thanks, I have a KKM G19 bbl that my neighbor wants to buy for his G23 told him they were not the same.

It will work but not recommended even though the goofy guy in the video thinks there is only one difference between the G19 and G23.
    About like running different size/type/brand tires on each side of your vehicle. It will work but not recommended.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It will work but not recommended even though the goofy guy in the video thinks there is only one difference between the G19 and G23.
    About like running different size/type/brand tires on each side of your vehicle. It will work but not recommended.

Does it hurt your feelings if someone put a G19 barrel in a G23?

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    A dremmel and 5 minutes you can have your very own "gen5" lol

Top Bottom