Wait times post 41F

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    NFA pickup and background check for LLC and Trust

You have to have a regular background check done at the time you pick up your suppressor even after the Feds take 8 months to approve your NFA purchase.

That's correct. Any Trustee or a Settler can pick up the NFA item for a trust. It doesn't matter who paid for it since the trust is the owner. Since there is no background check done on a trust or LLC, that is why we have to run a 4473 when the person picks up the item. With the new "responsible party" questionnaire, I would think there is no NICS check needed upon pickup, but the 4473 still has to be filled out. The 4473 shows when it exited our possession as we have a limited time to get that approved item to the customer. Think about it this way, if I didn't do a 4473, how could I prove the item was ever picked up?

Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    225-202-7843

Last edited:

Jim's Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    Baton rouge, LA
    With the new questionnaire, anyone post 41F picking up will still have to do a 4473, you will just not run it through NICS and check box#22 stating no NICS check required because the transfer is NFA.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    A friend's individual form 4 came back yesterday, his check was cashed 17 May. Hopefully my form 4 will be back in a couple of weeks. I hope!

Anhquan1

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Marrero, LA
    Electronic Form 1 filled 6/16 approved today.

It's my first NFA stamp. What paper work I have to keep with my gun from this day forward. Thanks!

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Electronic Form 1 filled 6/16 approved today.

It's my first NFA stamp. What paper work I have to keep with my gun from this day forward. Thanks!

Technically, nothing is needed. But as potential headache prevention most people keep a copy of the approved stamp (front page of form) with the gun. Personally I keep a copy of my trust and all of my approved stamps in my safe, and another set of copies in my range bag.

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Stupid question, once your form 1 and form 4s come back approved, are you supposed to add your NFA items on your trust? Like just write it in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Not an attorney, and this is only my understanding as I'm still waiting for my first trust items, but yes you would add the items to your trust AFTER they are approved, before that they belong to you personally, not to the trust.

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    So I had a May form one approved in October.

Had one in June and one in July that I'm still waiting on. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Not processing post 41F just yet but I just called the West Virginia line today. I was told 8 months is current turn around time and they are processing early May.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Stupid question, once your form 1 and form 4s come back approved, are you supposed to add your NFA items on your trust? Like just write it in?

Most trusts will reference an "Attachment A" or something similar in the trust. This is a separate last page that is used to keep a list of NFA items owned by the trust. Simply update that page when stamps come in.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Just called the NFA branch, my form 4 was approved last Monday 30 January. Whoo Hoo! Now just waiting for the U.S. Snail to bring the stamp. Check was cashed 2 June, individual not trust.

Kapitan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Algiers (New Orleans)
    Form 1 efiled with a trust 6/17/16, approved 2/14/17. A Valentine's Day present from the gov I guess. Still waiting on form 4 filed 7/2/16.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom