Join BayouShooter For Free

Cajun Ammo

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81718
    ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK shooter View Post
    Wow, 6 months. I wish mine was that fast. Been waiting on one since January and one in February.
    It'll be 7 months tomorrow since the check was cashed for the one that has been waiting the longest. Followed by 4-1/2 and 2-1/2 months for the other two. I'm tempted to call them tomorrow and check on the status and see if they tell me the average wait is 7 months. Not that any sarcastic comeback about how it has been 7 months will get them to approve it any quicker.

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    It'll be 7 months tomorrow since the check was cashed for the one that has been waiting the longest. Followed by 4-1/2 and 2-1/2 months for the other two. I'm tempted to call them tomorrow and check on the status and see if they tell me the average wait is 7 months. Not that any sarcastic comeback about how it has been 7 months will get them to approve it any quicker.
    I called about a month ago, said pending background check. What does that mean?

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

I called about a month ago, said pending background check. What does that mean?
    It just means they have it in their system.

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

I'm calling today.

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Site Sponsor

User Info Menu

The quickest we have seen recently is just over five months, the longest right at 18 months (he had a non-prohibited arrest record).

People with common names or an arrest record will take longer to process. It will also take longer if your examiner goes on vacation, sets a bunch of files on top of yours, or spills coffee on it. Basically, there is no rhyme or reason to what happens at NFA Branch these days. It is awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meplat Group, LLC
    Louisiana's #1 Silencer Dealer
    Phone 504-5.56-2000
    By Appointment Only

Buy online at our website!
    Click here for our Facebook Page
    Click here to email us

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by meplatgroup View Post
    The quickest we have seen recently is just over five months, the longest right at 18 months (he had a non-prohibited arrest record).

People with common names or an arrest record will take longer to process. It will also take longer if your examiner goes on vacation, sets a bunch of files on top of yours, or spills coffee on it. Basically, there is no rhyme or reason to what happens at NFA Branch these days. It is awful.

I guess I'm just a little frustrated. The last one took 11 months, looks like the next 2 will also.

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Site Sponsor

User Info Menu

I guess I'm just a little frustrated. The last one took 11 months, looks like the next 2 will also.
    Once you know they have it in processing I donít recommend calling. They do keep track of how often you have called and although I would hope they would not intentionally delay a file you can never be sure. I do know that repeated status checks are a huge annoyance to them and are part of what has created the really awful restructuring they have done.

We used to be able to get examiners on the phone easily when we needed to get things done but there is now a firewall of research assistants and voicemail boxes.

On the bright side NFA branch has stated an intention to get F4 processing times to 90 days and has been given funding for new hires. The problem is the building is filled to capacity and they canít put any new staff in there.

E-filed Form 1s seem to be processing very quickly but that usually doesnít last very long after a new rollout before they pull the throttles back. They are talking about e-filing F4s but I donít see how they will manage to do that without a completely new website and framework. Already the e-F1s have the system taxed to the max and it is running much much slower and crashing unexpectedly for sometimes an entire day. It has made things very difficult for the industry in filing F3s and F2s.

The only people that have any control over this are the bureaucrats and politicians. The customers and industry are just along for the ride sadly.

Meplat Group, LLC
    Louisiana's #1 Silencer Dealer
    Phone 504-5.56-2000
    By Appointment Only

Buy online at our website!
    Click here for our Facebook Page
    Click here to email us

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

I figured they kept a record of how much someone called. I have called once since my purchase in January. Guess I'll just wait a little more.