Join BayouShooter For Free


Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 122122
Results 211 to 216 of 216
  1. #211
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Check cashed on 12/15/18. Hope I ain't waiting 9 months.

  2. #212
    Redneck with a gun!

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by butaford View Post
    Check cashed on 12/15/18. Hope I ain't waiting 9 months.
    Expect it.
    _________________
    "Life is tough ..... It's even tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

  3. #213
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Dear Air Sandman S
    Check cashed - 04/27/2018
    Approved - 02/20/2019
    Waiting to hear from shop as they are closed today.

    I asked Austin (the ATF guy who answered, not the site admin) about another can in jail where that check was cashed on 07/16/2018. It's still pending and Austin said the average wait time is not about 9 months.
    Good because I am right at the 9 month mark for 2 cans from Kenny.

  4. #214
    ESSAYONS

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Dear Air Sandman S
    Check cashed - 04/27/2018
    Approved - 02/20/2019
    Waiting to hear from shop as they are closed today.

    I asked Austin (the ATF guy who answered, not the site admin) about another can in jail where that check was cashed on 07/16/2018. It's still pending and Austin said the average wait time is not about 9 months.
    I called the ATF today to ask about another can and spoke to a Danielle. Very helpful person despite working in an area that the government doesn't need to be involved with. The new can in question had its clock start on 07/18/2018 and she estimated it would be around the end of April or the middle of May. She said the wait was now around 9 months.

    She also gave me info on requesting a certified copy of the approved form 4 in case the actual stamp was lost or the original stamp has not been received after a month (like the stamp for the Sandman S). A letter needs to be created indicating you are requesting a copy of the tax stamp for a form 4 that was approved on <date>. The letter needs to include the following: serial #, your name or trust, the seller's name, the address where to send the stamp, and contact phone number/email address. The letter has to be printed out and hand signed. The letter can be mailed to them but I did not get the address. It can also be faxed to 304-616-4501 or scanned and emailed to nfafax@atf.gov. Neither the fax number nor the email address is faster as the email address just prints the attachment on the fax machine.

    Just a note about the address, the address they are to send the letter must be the address they have on file. So if you have moved since you got the tax stamp, you must submit a change of address, have it approved, then request a copy of the tax stamp. You will not get a replacement stamp but you will get a certified copy which carries the same weight.

    I'm sure this information has been posted elsewhere on this forum but here it is again. I think I may make a sticky regarding how to get a replacement tax stamp.

  5. #215
    Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Site Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I called the ATF today to ask about another can and spoke to a Danielle. Very helpful person despite working in an area that the government doesn't need to be involved with. The new can in question had its clock start on 07/18/2018 and she estimated it would be around the end of April or the middle of May. She said the wait was now around 9 months.

    She also gave me info on requesting a certified copy of the approved form 4 in case the actual stamp was lost or the original stamp has not been received after a month (like the stamp for the Sandman S). A letter needs to be created indicating you are requesting a copy of the tax stamp for a form 4 that was approved on <date>. The letter needs to include the following: serial #, your name or trust, the seller's name, the address where to send the stamp, and contact phone number/email address. The letter has to be printed out and hand signed. The letter can be mailed to them but I did not get the address. It can also be faxed to 304-616-4501 or scanned and emailed to nfafax@atf.gov. Neither the fax number nor the email address is faster as the email address just prints the attachment on the fax machine.

    Just a note about the address, the address they are to send the letter must be the address they have on file. So if you have moved since you got the tax stamp, you must submit a change of address, have it approved, then request a copy of the tax stamp. You will not get a replacement stamp but you will get a certified copy which carries the same weight.

    I'm sure this information has been posted elsewhere on this forum but here it is again. I think I may make a sticky regarding how to get a replacement tax stamp.
    Yeah they are really good about sending a certified copy if you need it.

    The address change form is the same as the temporary relocation form that you use for crossing state lines, the 5320.20.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Meplat Group, LLC
    Louisiana's #1 Silencer Dealer
    Phone 504-5.56-2000
    By Appointment Only



    Buy online at our website!
    Click here for our Facebook Page
    Click here to email us

  6. #216
    ESSAYONS

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by meplatgroup View Post
    Yeah they are really good about sending a certified copy if you need it.

    The address change form is the same as the temporary relocation form that you use for crossing state lines, the 5320.20.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I SBR'd an HK USC a number of years ago and lost the tax stamp in a move. They were good about updating the address and sending the certified copy, although the process does take a bit of time waiting for them to send the information back to me. Danielle estimated the wait for the certified copy to be up to 30 days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •