User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Gemtech Mist-22TD
    Check cashed - 09/12/2018
    Approval - 08/07/2019 (329 days)
    Stamp Arrived - ?????
    Certified copy requested - 09/10/2019
    Stamp arrived at business - 09/12/2019

Of the 3 form 4's I got this year, 2 of them have had the stamps take more than 30 days to arrive after approval. Has anyone else had this kind of inefficiency? When I got the call today, I was told they got in 3 other stamps where the forms had been approved for some time. Maybe they're only making monthly trips to the post office.

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Site Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Certified copy requested - 09/10/2019
    Stamp arrived at business - 09/12/2019

Of the 3 form 4's I got this year, 2 of them have had the stamps take more than 30 days to arrive after approval. Has anyone else had this kind of inefficiency? When I got the call today, I was told they got in 3 other stamps where the forms had been approved for some time. Maybe they're only making monthly trips to the post office.
    We’ve had even crazier stuff than that happen. We had one where after 30 days we requested (and received) a certified copy of the stamp. The customer came and picked up their item and then like a month later we got the original stamp.

It’s just crazy. You know those big canvas mail bins that are on wheels and are like 3-4’ tall and like 3-4’ square? They “misplaced” one full of forms like five years ago. After a few weeks they found it.

We just had them deny a customer’s 5320.20 permanent relocation form based on the fact that it didn’t have the date of transport filled in. We use the transport dates for temporary forms but have had dozens of intrastate permanent move forms approved without filling that in. What makes it more hysterical is the fact that intrastate moves are simply notifications and there is no statutory authority for them to even be notified—-the customer was just being thorough and responsible.

I’m very frustrated with ATF branch right now and am really hoping they get things turned around there soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meplat Group, LLC
    Louisiana's #1 Silencer Dealer
    Phone 504-5.56-2000
    By Appointment Only

Buy online at our website!
    Click here for our Facebook Page
    Click here to email us

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by meplatgroup View Post
    We’ve had even crazier stuff than that happen. We had one where after 30 days we requested (and received) a certified copy of the stamp. The customer came and picked up their item and then like a month later we got the original stamp.

It’s just crazy. You know those big canvas mail bins that are on wheels and are like 3-4’ tall and like 3-4’ square? They *misplaced* one full of forms like five years ago. After a few weeks they found it.

We just had them deny a customer’s 5320.20 permanent relocation form based on the fact that it didn’t have the date of transport filled in. We use the transport dates for temporary forms but have had dozens of intrastate permanent move forms approved without filling that in. What makes it more hysterical is the fact that intrastate moves are simply notifications and there is no statutory authority for them to even be notified—-the customer was just being thorough and responsible.

I’m very frustrated with ATF branch right now and am really hoping they get things turned around there soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what happened to me with the other delayed stamp. It was approved on 02/20/2019. I requested a copy on 03/22/2019 and got it in my mailbox on 04/04/2019. I got the stamp on 06/11/2019. And the stamp was mailed to me and not the dealer. It's like they never fully recovered from the government shutdown. I keep thinking this is bad customer service but then I remembered if it were about the customer, we wouldn't have to go through all this at all. Maybe my next stamp will so more smoothly. It's the "free" one that took SilencerCo a year to get to the dealer and the check was cashed on 07/25/2019. I wonder if they can get their act together in the next 8-9 months.