Dear Air Sandman S
    Check cashed - 04/27/2018
    Approved - 02/20/2019
    Request for certified copy of tax stamp - 03/22/2019
    Certified copy received - 04/04/2019
    Picked up - 04/04/2019
    Tax stamp received - ????
    Tax stamp received - 06/11/2019
    They claimed the stamp had been mailed to the store back in February. It showed up in my mailbox today.

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Site Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Tax stamp received - 06/11/2019
    They claimed the stamp had been mailed to the store back in February. It showed up in my mailbox today.
    No Shit!!!! Those goofballs at NFA Branch sent the original stamp straight to you? Government inefficiencies and errors will never cease to amaze me. Glad you got your original stamp buddy.

Meplat Group, LLC
    Louisiana's #1 Silencer Dealer
    Phone 504-5.56-2000
    By Appointment Only

Buy online at our website!
    Click here for our Facebook Page
    Click here to email us

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by meplatgroup View Post
    No Shit!!!! Those goofballs at NFA Branch sent the original stamp straight to you? Government inefficiencies and errors will never cease to amaze me. Glad you got your original stamp buddy.
    They did send it directly to me. The timeline went something like this: Form 4 approved, 30 days later, I requested a certified copy. They sent it to me. I picked up my can. I called them a few weeks later and asked them about the actual stamp. They said only one per form 4, no stamps are reissued. If it got lost in the mail, so be it. A week or so later, the gun shop got a certified copy in the mail. That was probably a month ago. Meanwhile, my can from you is at 9.25 months. And another that is 4 days shy of 11 months. Since the average, according to them, is 9 months, there's some lucky SOB who got their approval back in 7 months.

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Site Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    They did send it directly to me. The timeline went something like this: Form 4 approved, 30 days later, I requested a certified copy. They sent it to me. I picked up my can. I called them a few weeks later and asked them about the actual stamp. They said only one per form 4, no stamps are reissued. If it got lost in the mail, so be it. A week or so later, the gun shop got a certified copy in the mail. That was probably a month ago. Meanwhile, my can from you is at 9.25 months. And another that is 4 days shy of 11 months. Since the average, according to them, is 9 months, there's some lucky SOB who got their approval back in 7 months.
    We see the average being around ten months with the extremes being three months to 21 months. I wish there was a way to explain that but there really isn’t. We have a pretty large sample size here and occasionally I will parse through the data looking for trends—-there aren’t any. Like any non-accountable bureaucratic agency, they produce work product in fits and spurts that suit them. It is absolutely horrendous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meplat Group, LLC
    Louisiana's #1 Silencer Dealer
    Phone 504-5.56-2000
    By Appointment Only

Buy online at our website!
    Click here for our Facebook Page
    Click here to email us

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

SilencerCo Omega 300
    Check cashed - 07/18/2018
    Approved - 06/18/2019
    Stamp arrival - 06/24/2019
    Now just waiting on the shop to get it, assuming they actually send out the stamp on time this time. At least this stamp got mailed out on time.

Gemtech Mist-22TD
    Check cashed - 09/05/2018
    Approval - ????
    Last edited by thperez1972; June 24th, 2019 at 01:42 PM.

Marksman
    Site Sponsor

User Info Menu

Received a stamp in today's mail for a customer on a Rugged Surge - 363 days from mailing of Form 4 with trust to receipt of stamp.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Gemtech Mist-22TD
    Check cashed - 09/12/2018
    Approval - 08/07/2019 (329 days)
    Stamp Arrived - ?????

Marksman

User Info Menu

I am waiting on a SilencerCo Octane 45. Meplat Group submitted it back in Nov 2018. It was my free can from SilencerCo’s Summer Giveaway last year. I already received the ones I actually paid for.
    Last edited by flamatrix99; August 13th, 2019 at 08:43 AM.

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flamatrix99 View Post
    I am waiting on a SilencerCo Omega 45. Meplat Group submitted it back in Nov 2018.
    Expect it about xmas.

User Info Menu

Can’t speak to any recent changes, but my can was approved fairly recently after a 14mo wait. Purchased mid march 2018 from silencershop. picked up late June 2019.