Wait times post 41F

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    My SilencerCo Omega 300 is at 305 days. Did you get the buy one get one free special they were offering at that time? My free one still has not been delivered to the gun shop.

Yes I did. I bought an Omega 300 and got an Octane 45 for free. At the same time I also bought a Gemtech 22 can. I received the Omega and Gemtech a few weeks ago. Meplat Group received my Octane in November 2018 from SilencerCo. I got an email in April 2019 that my Octane had been shipped to my dealer with a tracking number. When I checked the tracking number it had been delivered back in November. I do not expect to get the stamp til August/September timeframe.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes I did. I bought an Omega 300 and got an Octane 45 for free. At the same time I also bought a Gemtech 22 can. I received the Omega and Gemtech a few weeks ago. Meplat Group received my Octane in November 2018 from SilencerCo. I got an email in April 2019 that my Octane had been shipped to my dealer with a tracking number. When I checked the tracking number it had been delivered back in November. I do not expect to get the stamp til August/September timeframe.

SilencerCo set their deadline for the free ones to be sent out by July 2019. It's their deadline so I guess it doesn't matter if they don't meet it. I'm hoping Interstate Guns gets my Octane 45 soon.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Dear Air Sandman S
    Check cashed - 04/27/2018
    Approved - 02/20/2019
    Request for certified copy of tax stamp - 03/22/2019
    Certified copy received - 04/04/2019
    Picked up - 04/04/2019
    Tax stamp received - ????

Tax stamp received - 06/11/2019
    They claimed the stamp had been mailed to the store back in February. It showed up in my mailbox today.

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Tax stamp received - 06/11/2019
    They claimed the stamp had been mailed to the store back in February. It showed up in my mailbox today.

No ****!!!! Those goofballs at NFA Branch sent the original stamp straight to you? Government inefficiencies and errors will never cease to amaze me. Glad you got your original stamp buddy.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    No ****!!!! Those goofballs at NFA Branch sent the original stamp straight to you? Government inefficiencies and errors will never cease to amaze me. Glad you got your original stamp buddy.

They did send it directly to me. The timeline went something like this: Form 4 approved, 30 days later, I requested a certified copy. They sent it to me. I picked up my can. I called them a few weeks later and asked them about the actual stamp. They said only one per form 4, no stamps are reissued. If it got lost in the mail, so be it. A week or so later, the gun shop got a certified copy in the mail. That was probably a month ago. Meanwhile, my can from you is at 9.25 months. And another that is 4 days shy of 11 months. Since the average, according to them, is 9 months, there's some lucky SOB who got their approval back in 7 months.

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    They did send it directly to me. The timeline went something like this: Form 4 approved, 30 days later, I requested a certified copy. They sent it to me. I picked up my can. I called them a few weeks later and asked them about the actual stamp. They said only one per form 4, no stamps are reissued. If it got lost in the mail, so be it. A week or so later, the gun shop got a certified copy in the mail. That was probably a month ago. Meanwhile, my can from you is at 9.25 months. And another that is 4 days shy of 11 months. Since the average, according to them, is 9 months, there's some lucky SOB who got their approval back in 7 months.

We see the average being around ten months with the extremes being three months to 21 months. I wish there was a way to explain that but there really isn’t. We have a pretty large sample size here and occasionally I will parse through the data looking for trends—-there aren’t any. Like any non-accountable bureaucratic agency, they produce work product in fits and spurts that suit them. It is absolutely horrendous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    SilencerCo Omega 300
    Check cashed - 07/18/2018
    Approved - 06/18/2019
    Stamp arrival - 06/24/2019
    Now just waiting on the shop to get it, assuming they actually send out the stamp on time this time. At least this stamp got mailed out on time.

Gemtech Mist-22TD
    Check cashed - 09/05/2018
    Approval - ????

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I am waiting on a SilencerCo Octane 45. Meplat Group submitted it back in Nov 2018. It was my free can from SilencerCo’s Summer Giveaway last year. I already received the ones I actually paid for.

Last edited:

AndyG

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 3, 2019
    Lafayette, LA
    Can’t speak to any recent changes, but my can was approved fairly recently after a 14mo wait. Purchased mid march 2018 from silencershop. picked up late June 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom