Wait times post 41F

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    With the FBI having to verify all of the extra prints post 41F what do you guys think that will do to wait times. One reason a individual form takes 9-12 months now is because NFA has to wait on the FBI to get the print work done.

Last edited:

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    I am guessing the times will triple until more examiners are hired.
    Likely because as people grow impatient with the time to process the forms they will make incessant calls to ask when their forms will get put through.
    Don't be that person.
    Although it is frustrating do remember that the examiners are usually really nice professioals who are doing a tough job.
    Now hurry up and wait.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Before all this trust business when we always had to do prints (the sky is falling) and the waits were around 60 days at shortest and 120 at my longest. The prints didn't hold much up. It's just waiting your turn like now.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Wait times will level out or go down in the long run, people don't like being finger printed so it will deter sales.

I never cared about submitting fingerprints. The only reason I went the legal entity route in the first place was because my sheriff refused to sign off on the forms. Now that there is a new sheriff and all I need to do is send notification, I predict my next items will be obtained personally versus going through the corporation. Granted, I still have a legal entity or two that is still 100% owned and controlled by yours truly, so I guess it will depend on my mood the next time I want a NFA item.

dannylj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    I applied online on Feb. 20. Got notification to pay about 3 weeks ago. I figure it will take about 6 months.

fishizzle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2015
    River Ridge, La
    Guy from silencershop said if you bought a can in the last 3 months, expect a 12 to 18 month wait. Ouch

Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    I would think 12 months for stuff sent off in the last 2 months. No way they going to hire more agents for our pleasure.

I am not happy. I have 3 SBRs in NFA Purgatory. I'm a big fan of instant gratification.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    Nope, just notification is required now. I'd probably send it Certified mail just to have proof that I sent it.

What do you mean by notification? Do you mean notifying the sheriff in the area? Do you need some sort of conformation that they got your notification before you submit your paper work? I'm planning on sbr'ing a sig 553 so I even though this is now a PITA, I'll go through it.

Tiollib

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    Thibodaux
    In the new Form 1 packet there is a CLEO set, that has to be sent a CLEO. In the main form 1 there is a section asking who you notified.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom