Wait times post 41F

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    How bad was Silencershop screwing up? The form 4's seem to go so much slower compared to getting an SBR. Kenny thanks for the info, I'll try calling into the NFA line and give them the serial number and see what's going on. Hopefully all is well as I'd be furious if I had to start all over again.

You would probably know if you were one of their screw ups already, but apparently some forms were not received by the ATF in time and had to be resubmitted as post-41F forms. Again, I think all those people were already notified but it doesn't hurt to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I know I was waiting on 2-form1's e filed to be approved submitted a couple days apart, one was approved in April and the other was still processing in June.. So I sent them a email with all my info asking if I did anything wrong on my app, as to why it's been 2 months longer and still not approved, with in 24 hours the other one was approved with no email reply, so I called it good.. Idk if it was just sitting on sombodys desk and they just approved if because of my questions or if it was fate it would have been approved then anyway.. Just a thought try contacting them

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    I know I was waiting on 2-form1's e filed to be approved submitted a couple days apart, one was approved in April and the other was still processing in June.. So I sent them a email with all my info asking if I did anything wrong on my app, as to why it's been 2 months longer and still not approved, with in 24 hours the other one was approved with no email reply, so I called it good.. Idk if it was just sitting on sombodys desk and they just approved if because of my questions or if it was fate it would have been approved then anyway.. Just a thought try contacting them

I have a lot of sympathy for the NFA Branch as they are generally helpful well meaning people who are currently trying to eat an elephant one bite at a time. That said, situations like yours are common and there is stuff happening that no one---including NFA Branch can explain. For instance, there has been at least one (And probably more) POST 41-F Form 4 approval. Yes, you read that right. There are what I am given to understand is tens of thousands of pre 41-F Forms not approved, but yet some post 41-Forms get approved? Crazy.

If anyone would like to see the dates on that post 41-F Form, here it is https://instagram.com/p/BT9elUCF02i/

Chris Hansohn is a friend of mine who is a dealer in Virginia, so this is not a joke.

I know this is really frustrating for everyone and gets even more annoying as we get closer to the end but just try to keep calm and instead focus on planning your next can purchase from Meplat Group. LOL.

The crazy thing is that with our livescan fingerprinting and e-sign variance, buying a suppressor from us isn't really any harder now that it was before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    Just checked on the status of my suppressor. I have a pending date of 7/21/2017. Spoke with Chuck and he said they are working on my batch.

Anhquan1

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Marrero, LA
    Paper form 4
    Send 7/12/2016
    Approved 7/6/2017
    Paper arrived at dealer 7/15/2017

Anhquan1

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Marrero, LA
    Yeeeeeesssssss!!!!!! This is an awesome month for me.:)
    Just received another stamp today.

Paper Form 1
    Send 7/12/2016
    Approved 7/10/2017
    Send back 7/19/2017 received 7/24/2017

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Silencerco Spectre II approved.

Form 4
    Pending: 07/11/2016
    Approved: 04/29/2017
    Stamp received: 05/06/2017

329 days OR 10 months and 25 Days

I must have gotten exremely lucky...mine was approved more than 2 months ago...and from july 11th! Meplat is right.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I called about mine today and it's pending. He said it would be a couple more months.

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    Finally got to shoot my AA 556-SD and loved it! I had to go buy more...Bought a Q Trash Panda, Griffin Optimus and Q Erector. It's like an ant bite once you get the itch it doesn't stop.

Riceland Guns

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Jennings, LA
    In case anyone is keeping track or waiting patiently, we just had our first stamp come back. Check cashed date was 1/28/17. Still have several from the November/December time pending however.

NOLAGT

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2016
    Lafayette
    In case anyone is keeping track or waiting patiently, we just had our first stamp come back. Check cashed date was 1/28/17. Still have several from the November/December time pending however.

Ehh still taking a long time lol. I just got a trash panda so im wondering how long it will take now.

Top Bottom