Good place to get your fingerprints?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ratnic

4E,65,77,62,69,65
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Duson, LA
    Where is the best places to get your fingerprints done for the new Trust laws?

I want to go ahead and get some done for me and the people in my trust.
    I do not think I will beat the July 13 deadline for some of the builds I have not bought for yet. :)

Ratnic

4E,65,77,62,69,65
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Duson, LA
    Dang. Now every time I add an NFA item to my trust I need to send some fingerprints in for every body.
    Not to mention the hassle, and the $10-20 per set for each person.

Are they going to let me just do it once for each person? Probably not, no way can their data base be used to actually keep records for future verification.
    Dang president and Liberals...

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Dang. Now every time I add an NFA item to my trust I need to send some fingerprints in for every body.
    Not to mention the hassle, and the $10-20 per set for each person.

Are they going to let me just do it once for each person? Probably not, no way can their data base be used to actually keep records for future verification.
    Dang president and Liberals...

Im pretty sure you send in a new set of prints if adding something and it's been 2years since the last set of prints were sent in "I think".

Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    I just exchanged text messages with Kenny Bossetta with Meplat. He is going to be set up to do that in house. I didn't ask about additional fees. I do have to admit that I am a repeat and satisfied customer and don't in any way make money or receive discounts for saying good things about him. I did read somewhere that one of the major suppressor manufacturers' was planning to set up his dealers to do fingerprinting. I'm kinda worried about the logistics since my trust co-owner is in Florida. I have 3 items at various places in the pipeline.

Last edited:

stephenmcrna

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2013
    I wonder if Kenny is going to get one of those Silencer Shop Kiosk. I know they are getting ready to be sent out. You can do your fingerprints on there if you order from them.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/general41fquestionsandanswersupdated-6-28-16pdf/download

Each responsible person is required to complete ATF Form 5320.23 (National Firearms Act (NFA) Responsible Person Questionnaire), and submit photographs and fingerprints each time the trust or legal entity files an application to make an NFA firearm or is listed as the transferee on an application to transfer an NFA firearm. In addition, each responsible person for the trust or legal entity is required to notify the CLEO of the locality in which the responsible person is located that an application is being submitted to ATF.

The 24-month exemption for providing supporting *documentation* refers only to the documentation proving the existence of an entity, such as trusts or corporate paperwork. The Form 5320.23 with attached photograph and fingerprint cards are required for each person identified as a responsible person for each submission in order to initiate the required background check. See instruction 2 d. (4) and (5) on the Forms 1, 4, and 5.

It's the model of inefficiency- Conducting a complete, de novo background check on each individual, rather than maintaining a file and simply updating it when new applications are submitted.

Last edited:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/general41fquestionsandanswersupdated-6-28-16pdf/download

Each responsible person is required to complete ATF Form 5320.23 (National Firearms Act (NFA) Responsible Person Questionnaire), and submit photographs and fingerprints each time the trust or legal entity files an application to make an NFA firearm or is listed as the transferee on an application to transfer an NFA firearm. In addition, each responsible person for the trust or legal entity is required to notify the CLEO of the locality in which the responsible person is located that an application is being submitted to ATF.

The 24-month exemption for providing supporting *documentation* refers only to the documentation proving the existence of an entity, such as trusts or corporate paperwork. The Form 5320.23 with attached photograph and fingerprint cards are required for each person identified as a responsible person for each submission in order to initiate the required background check. See instruction 2 d. (4) and (5) on the Forms 1, 4, and 5.

It's the model of inefficiency- Conducting a complete, de novo background check on each individual, rather than maintaining a file and simply updating it when new applications are submitted.

WOW, that really sucks!! I'm confused, at what point do I need to "prove the existence of the trust"?

Last edited:

maxinedalbert

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2016
    United state
    Best bet for fingerprinting is to find a place that does digital "live" scans near you, being fingerprinted means you are on track to get the job, but everything must go through a bunch of hurdles before you actually get the job. Assuming everything else goes smoothly, at this point you have the job, I suggest certifix live scan have more Places near you and trusted & time-saving.

Ratnic

4E,65,77,62,69,65
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Duson, LA
    I know this is an old thread I started back in July 2016, but I am going to ask about this again since there has been time for people to understand what is going on with this new BS for Class3 weapons.

I want to send my S&W M&P15-22 upper and barrel off to Innovative Arms to get the barrel cut and an integral suppressor attached. I have a trust with several Class3 items in it from past.
    I have 3 trustees. What do I need to have the trustees do so I can get this ball rolling?

- Every Trustee needs fingerprints?
    - Every Trustee needs pictures?
    - Anything else I missed?

So when I have them go get the fingerprints and pictures, can I have them get multiple copies at that time to get it over with. Like 10 sets? So the future BS of the logistics can be cancelled out.
    From reading about this, it looks like fingerprints & pictures have to be provided to get each stamp. If that is the case, WTF? I would think out of "every" method to identify someone, fingerprints are one of the methods that do not change over time. or do they? hmmmmmmm...

My passport lasts 10 years, Why the hell doesn't this crap last at least that long? I know the answer to that...money and control. I'm just ranting while finally understanding how F'ed up this is. Sorry...

Top Bottom