So this one really bugs me...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...lying-confederate-flag-home-article-1.2728714

No racist comments, no alleged history of racial animosity or discrimination, just flying the flag (below the American flag, not above or equal to it), and she gets fired, with the department using Dylan Roof to cast aspersion upon the flag and any who might have one.

I'm a police officer, so if I fly an Irish flag at my house, could I be fired because someone who calls the police thinks I might show up drunk? If I fly a German flag, does someone who is Jewish need to fear I'm secretly a neo-Nazi so the department should just let me go? I have Irish and German ancestry, but somehow that could be construed as conduct unbecoming? So the same stereotyping these jackoffs assume to be lurking within anyone who owns some symbol they don't like, is OK to be applied to those people by them, to the extent that they are causing job loss and public discredit to someone who has done nothing wrong. Pathetic!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Unfortunately, being employed by the local/state/federal government means you are always on duty, even when you are not. Whether you are LEO, a member of the court, hold a position in office, etc; what you do on your off time will be looked at the same way as if you were on duty. I have tons of friends that work these jobs and have to keep their social life private. It's really sad that we live in a world like that now.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    It's really sad that we live in a world like that now.

It was like that 35 years ago when I started in law enforcement. They tell you the rules before you start then it is up to you to follow the rules, quit, or be fired if you break them.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    We can't say it was right or wrong without knowing the policy of that dept.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It was like that 35 years ago when I started in law enforcement. They tell you the rules before you start then it is up to you to follow the rules, quit, or be fired if you break them.

What I mean by "now" is... well how it is now. 35 years ago we didn't have Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I personally find it dispicable the what a bunch of limp wristed whinners continue to drag our country down with a lowest common denominator/appease the mindless way of doing things mindset. I hate it, but I find it hard to believe she didn't know the rules. It doesnt make it right. Its bull crap, but the truth of the matter is we live in a world full of useful idiots who have been tought a fake history by a delusional left. They have been tought that the Confederate Battle Standard was a banner of hate. Now it doesnt help our case that a bunch of dip$h!ts have ran around waiving the thing and being bigots, but I digress. But being that our society is full of these idiots who dont understand I find it prudent not to fly the stars and bars. Funny thing is, the actual flag of the Conferacy flys all over the South and no one says a peep. Proof we live in a world full of idiots.

Last edited:

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Interesting the article refers to the "stars and bars" when the battle flag is pictured. If it was the stars and bars, no one would have complained, because they the vast majority have no clue what it is. Yes it's complete BS, but she knew people would find it offensive. She knew it could cost her job if someone complained. I'm happy she stood behind her beliefs, but no need to lie about knowing someone would get offended. I'm offended by people that get offended. I'm so happy that I live in this "FREE" country... maybe people misunderstand that concept. Is it suppose to mean free **** for everyone! You offended me so give me free stuff. Is that what our forefathers meant? Maybe if we all play by the left's rules and quit offending people we'll get our free stuff too? I think our views on freedom may be off.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    And I'm sure there is a "Rest of the story". Don't think the city fired her for having the flag without giving her an opportunity to take it down.

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    I really enjoy the irony of that story.
    The pastor that complained about the flag runs The Eagle's Nest congregation.
    Ummm....
    Didn't Hitler really enjoy relaxing at an Eagle's Nest of his own?

https://www.eagles-nest-tours.com/

These hypocrites are worried about the symbolism of a flag but cannot see their own glaring mistake?

And to set it straight before hand, I have no loyalty to the confederate flag; just making an observation.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    The article declared she was fired for "conduct unbecoming an officer," which is usually vaguely worded in policy manuals to allow it to be a sort of catch-all, but I have a big problem with the mere presence of the flag on her property being considered in any way unbecoming conduct based off of one person's complaint which had nothing to do with any conduct on her part, just their own misguided belief.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    There might have been details that we dont know about or more hidden reasons why they wanted to can her. If it was just for the flag thats complete BS and she should file a suit.

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    It's the pathetic administration that's been there for 30+ years that refuse to support their officers rather than stand up for the very rights their officers protect.

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    There are some people and professions that we hold to a different standard.

Imagine that the newly released OJ Simpson is passing through the jurisdiction of the city in question, commits a crime, gets arrested, and is prosecuted. Further imagine that during the trial the arresting and investigating LEOs are discovered to openly display flags, tattoos, or other paraphernalia that racist groups have adopted as symbols. How would you feel about the evidence and/or testimony from the LEOs?

Top Bottom