Yuengling is now in LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    It's been a while since I had one of these. Saw them stocking the cooler yesterday, so I picked some up this morning. After a long day on the tractor it was pretty dern good going down. It's definitely on my cheap beer radar now. After a shower and sitting in the AC, it's time for a glass of bourbon on the rocks.
    IMG_0826.jpgIMG_0809.jpg

Sorry for the sideways pics... Will hold phone sideways from now on, lesson learned.

Last edited:

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Got a 12 pack of the light. Very disappointed. Has some of the Amber (I think) on tap, pretty good.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    Abita, Parish Brewing company, Lazy Magnolia, Bayou Teche, Nola... All local to Louisiana

Why bother with some import from some other region? I've had it. It's ok. Nothing special. Glad to see another choice, but I'll stick with my locals.

I haven't been impressed with any beers from any of those. Not sure what it is, but they all have a watered-down taste to me. And too much malt.

And I've been drinking Pale Ales and IPAs well before any stupid hipsters thought it was cool or even readily available.

I do like Canebreak, and a few other locals, but it's got to be on tap, the bottles just aren't the same.

First tried it on tap and really enjoyed it. Waited patiently for the bottles to arrive and had to force them down.

IPAs are what I would imagine a bottle filled with **** and cat nip would taste like

Yeah, you have to have a palette to enjoy a good IPA.

Get off your high horse for a moment.

Abita Beer is crap, deal with it. They haven't had a good beer come out of that brewery in a long time.

Have you ever drank a fresh Heady Topper?
    What about a fresh can of Sip of Sunshine?
    Ever had Ghost in the Machine on release day?
    How about a fresh Jai Alai?

All four of those IPA's are completely different.

And before you freak out again, IPA's are not my favorite either, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

I'd rather be drinking KBS.

Where are you finding those? I miss going to Houston where Spec's had a huge variety of IPAs and other beers to choose from.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Where are you finding those? I miss going to Houston where Spec's had a huge variety of IPAs and other beers to choose from.

Heady and SOS came straight from Vermont. You won't get SOS outside of a small area in Vermont.
    Ghost in the Machine direct from the brewery in Broussard, LA.
    Cigar City Jai Alai from trips to Florida. Jai Alai on draft is leaps and bounds better than the cans.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    I just picked up a 6pack of the Black and Tan at the Winn Dixie in Zachary north of BR. I guess I won't have to smuggle it in from Atlanta anymore.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    This guy makes fun of people that like cheap beer but has to dilute his bourbon with coke. Bet he wears a skirt to the bar as well.

Hey hey hey. Everyone knows the only drink better than burbon and coke is burbon and burbon. I enjoy it with coke just fine. Honestly I dont know a way to mess up good burbon short of on ice for too long. But it all depends the quality of burbon and what kind of drinking you care to do.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Ghost in the Machine was decent but not worth the hype or the price. I'll drink their Envie all day for half the money

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I used to hate the IPA's, until I tried a few. Don't remember the first one I tried that I hated. Oddly, I discovered the local Brookshires actually has a pretty good selection of imports.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I always stocked up on Yeungling when I was in an area that sold it. I bought a 12 pack the first day it was available and I'm kind of disappointed. Not sure if the novelty of it is gone, or it's something to do with shipping, but it just didn't taste the same. I got some on draft for lunch the other day and it was delicious. I'm not a beer snob like some on here apparently are. Yeungling is about as adventurous as I've gotten. Guess you can say I'm a work in progress.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Ghost in the Machine was decent but not worth the hype or the price. I'll drink their Envie all day for half the money

Every batch of Ghost is different, and that's part of the reason why I dislike Parish Brewing. However, Ghost is good beer made in Louisiana. Envie has changed a lot over the years as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom