Bikers vs Truck

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • obryap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2015
    Paulina, LA
    I have no sympathy for anyone on a motorcycle.

I do have respect for most riders (because I am a rider), but not for these types of groups. That is why I usually trailer up to the mountains to get away from the traffic, idiots on cell phones, etc. But as with most things in life, the actions of a few idiots paint a bad picture for everyone else, same happens with firearms.

IMAG0256_zps4939bbbd.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    So Dave and Dirty why don't you feel sympathy for people that ride bikes? I mean there has to be a good reason for this so explain to me why you feel this way?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    So Dave and Dirty why don't you feel sympathy for people that ride bikes? I mean there has to be a good reason for this so explain to me why you feel this way?

You seem butthurt by my opinion, so let me break it down for you.

I have no sympathy for anyone on a motorcycle, just like I have no sympathy for anyone in any vehicle. If you do what you are supposed to, then you will be fine. I laugh whenever I see that stupid "watch for motorcycles" sticker. Why? Because I should be watching everything, motorcycles don't get special treatment. Motorcyclists do not have the right of way over my car, they are on the road just like I am.

To all the motorcyclists that want to act stupid on the road, do it, when that F-250 hits you, you won't have anything else to worry about in life...

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I do have respect for most riders (because I am a rider), but not for these types of groups. That is why I usually trailer up to the mountains to get away from the traffic, idiots on cell phones, etc. But as with most things in life, the actions of a few idiots paint a bad picture for everyone else, same happens with firearms.

As my father, who has ridden motorcycles for 40+ years has told me, there is nothing exciting about riding on the interstate.

Edit -
    Oh, PLEASE elaborate! I'm dying to hear this.

You're ten minutes late.

Last edited:

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

It seemed to me that these riders were not as aggressive as the riders in NY who mobbed the Ranger Rover.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA

I have no sympathy for anyone on a motorcycle, just like I have no sympathy for anyone in any vehicle. If you do what you are supposed to, then you will be fine. I laugh whenever I see that stupid "watch for motorcycles" sticker. Why? Because I should be watching everything, motorcycles don't get special treatment. Motorcyclists do not have the right of way over my car, they are on the road just like I am.

To all the motorcyclists that want to act stupid on the road, do it, when that F-250 hits you, you won't have anything else to worry about in life...

Hahahahaaha Dave.... Why is it that every time someone asks you something or has a contrary opinion they are butt hurt. I asked a simple question to find out why you don't have sympathy for a segment of the general population. There was no butt hurt it was a simple request really.

The reason I asked is because I ride and I do my part on the road and try not to be a douche. But the reason there are stickers asking for special attention for motorcyclists is that cagers are idiots. They do not look before they change lanes. they do not signal before they change lanes. Do they see the guy on the motorcycle that is already there and owns the lane? Who knows because even if they did see you half the time they move over anyways. that is why they have the stickers. thank god Dave_m the god of doing everything perfectly is on the road so all motorcycle riders should be safe.

When I see behavior like in the video I hope that one day these kids will grow up and learn a lesson from the stupid stuff they did and survived like I did. I did not come out of the womb with enough life experience to not do stupid stuff so I had to learn just like everyone else.( except Dave_m).

I miss riding in the hills every weekend and am working on getting there again someday where the twistys are just 10 minutes away.

I know your dad rode for 40+ years Dave but did you ever try it? If you did you would be amazed at the level of stupid there is on the road and how much easier it is to be harmed on a bike than in a car. It may give you an appreciation as to why there are signs for motorcyclists.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I disagree, a "stunt ride" should never be premitted on public streets. Just like when I used to drag race I couldn't organize a permitted race down the main street in town. I had to take it to the local dragstrip. Streets are for public travel. Should we be allowed to get permits to build a make shift shooting range down Airline highway and hold an exibition right there? Hell no. You want to play you got to have the space to do it. If you want to travel down the public roadways you should have to obey the same rules everyone not in your group has to obey.

I agree

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Hahahahaaha Dave.... Why is it that every time someone asks you something or has a contrary opinion they are butt hurt.

Because I know if I say that, you (and others) will get defensive and post very long ramblings.

The reason I asked is because I ride and I do my part on the road and try not to be a douche. But the reason there are stickers asking for special attention for motorcyclists is that cagers are idiots. They do not look before they change lanes. they do not signal before they change lanes. Do they see the guy on the motorcycle that is already there and owns the lane? Who knows because even if they did see you half the time they move over anyways. that is why they have the stickers. thank god Dave_m the god of doing everything perfectly is on the road so all motorcycle riders should be safe.

Thus proving my point. If the "cagers" are idiots and don't pay attention, then what makes you think they are going to be looking for that stupid little sticker?

I know your dad rode for 40+ years Dave but did you ever try it? If you did you would be amazed at the level of stupid there is on the road and how much easier it is to be harmed on a bike than in a car. It may give you an appreciation as to why there are signs for motorcyclists.

Yes, and my amazement of idiots on the road hasn't changed much... I'm on the road a lot and I see it every day.

dirty dan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA

Well put.
    Most drivers are driving as part of a task or chore (going to work, picking up kids, going to grocery store) and shouldn't have to put up with the antics of dullards playing on the public roads. You want to ride for fun, go off-road.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Roads: for serious business only.

I don't ride in groups, I don't ride with people I don't know, and I don't condone stupidity in busy areas, residential areas, or in traffic, but what country do you guys think you're in?

Last edited:

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville

IMAG0256_zps4939bbbd.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    Hey, VFRs. Good taste.
    117d491ed063aaab91d9c5da9baf887d.jpg

fng

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    That had the potential to get seriously out of control, phucking idiots. I personally would have just let them pass and get out their way and avoid them... there is zero upside to even attempting to deal with a group like that, especially if you get stuck at a red light, traffic, etc. they swarm your vehicle and you have to go to the whip and shoot one or more of them, now what? Risk going to prison over a bunch of phucking retards, not worth it

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Because I know if I say that, you (and others) will get defensive and post very long ramblings.

Kind of funny that is why I asked you in the first place. It seemed like no one had poked you for a bit so it sounded like fun.

I haven't seen the stickers but I do see a bunch of yard signs where I live. I think they do it in hope that maybe they can reach a few not so oblivious drivers and maybe hopefully save a life of someone on a bike. Maybe we should make everyone ride a motorcycle for a bit so that they can get an idea of how it is to ride with people being oblivious and maybe they would wise up and pay attention more. I know it has helped me become a better driver of a car. I was pretty aware of my surroundings before but now it has gone to another level. Maybe all of the safety features that are in new cars today are making people more oblivious to the fact that cars are dangerous and can kill you or some else at a moments notice.

Also I pay my road taxes like anyone else so I will ride where I please. Preferably on a long windy mountain rode with plenty of sweepers and no cages crossing the double yellows into my lane.

Any way thread diversion off.

Anyways I will say it again. The bikers in the video were wrong to do what they did but some blame goes to the truck driver who took matters into his own hands and illegally passed and then brake checked the riders which could have caused and injury to them. It was just a bad situation made worse by escalation on both sides. lesson to be learned is don't be a douche on the road because you never know what reactions you might provoke. Not everyone behind the wheel/handlebars is a sane person.

Be safe out there.

Top Bottom