Bikers vs Truck

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Too many idiots to count.

Agreed

The driver obviously took exception to the bikers behavior. Weather that was hogging up the road, riding side by side and passing each other in the same lane, popping wheelies, blocking traffic to keep their group together who knows, but he responed incorrectly by passing them and cutting off the lead guy. At that point the bikers should have had the good sense to stay the hell away instead they created a no win situation by trying to block him in. In this day and age if a crowd trys to prevent me from proceeding on the road to my destination in an agressive manner I consider it a direct threat on my life and property unless clearly expressed otherwise.

Last edited:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Agreed

The driver obviously took exception to the bikers behavior. Weather that was hogging up the road, riding side by side and passing each other in the same lane, popping wheelies, blocking traffic to keep their group together who knows, but he responed incorrectly by passing them and cutting off the lead guy. At that point the bikers should have had the good sense to stay the hell away instead they created a no win situation by trying to block him in. In this day and age if a crowd trys to prevent me from proceeding on the road to my destination in an agressive manner I consider it a direct threat on my life and property unless clearly expressed otherwise.

I wonder if the truck's initial pass was in response to something the bikers had already done.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I wonder if the truck's initial pass was in response to something the bikers had already done.

If for no other reason it was in response to them driving down the road at a speed he wasnt happy with. Personally don't and won't participate in "rides" like this down public roads (no matter the cause), or as I like to call them illegal parades, because roads are meant for travel and hogging up the road can be hazardus to the health of the participants as well as others. Maybe a person needs to get to the hospital. I've personally seen groups block interstate on-ramps to keep everyone together.

Maybe these guys up until the idiot passing them were perfect citizens, but I doubt it.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Article says one biker blocked a cop at an intersection and that bikers treat these rides like funeral processions blowing through red lights.

Truck driver is dumb as well.

Bikers needs to get a permit for this crap so it's known and people can avoid their blocking the road and crap.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I ride and can sympathize with the riders in this case. I have had many cases of people trying to cut me off or share lanes with me when it is not possible just because I am on a bike and they are in a car and figure in a crash they will win.

The truck driver acted like a douche from the limited video that is available. He passed them and then swerved back into their lane and then it looks like he did a brake check on them as well. Without seeing what his reason for going agro was it is hard to say what is going on although there is really no reason for causing willful harm to someone because you want to go faster than them. Although I sympathize with the riders they are not without blame as well. Looks like they hogged up both lanes and were not allowing anyone to pass them as they meandered through the area. then instead of just saying wow this guy is a dick they proceeded to escalate the situation by surrounding him and then getting confrontational. Mob mentality at it's finest. A 500lb bike will never win a war against a 300lb truck. From reading the article it seems like the motorcyclists do this often and there self absorbed behavior shows in the quotes they have from them.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Looks like these bikers were out in force, knowing they have strength in numbers, acting asses trying to start ****. They wear the cameras for the sole purpose of getting views on youtube. If I was in the truck, I probably would have done the same thing. They're out there blowing by cars, cutting cars off, acting like animals. People shouldn't have to deal with that nonsense. I was LMFAO when he ran the bike over. I'm not saying all bikers are bad, but you swarm my truck like that and I can't get away, then I'll start putting mofos down with a combination of truck and handgun until I'm not in fear of bodily harm.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    The article says it was the ninth annual "stunt" ride... This should have been permitted and had police blocking traffic, not taking it upon themselves to regulate traffic.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    The article says it was the ninth annual "stunt" ride... This should have been permitted and had police blocking traffic, not taking it upon themselves to regulate traffic.

I disagree, a "stunt ride" should never be premitted on public streets. Just like when I used to drag race I couldn't organize a permitted race down the main street in town. I had to take it to the local dragstrip. Streets are for public travel. Should we be allowed to get permits to build a make shift shooting range down Airline highway and hold an exibition right there? Hell no. You want to play you got to have the space to do it. If you want to travel down the public roadways you should have to obey the same rules everyone not in your group has to obey.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I ride and can sympathize with the riders in this case. I have had many cases of people trying to cut me off or share lanes with me when it is not possible just because I am on a bike and they are in a car and figure in a crash they will win.

The truck driver acted like a douche from the limited video that is available. He passed them and then swerved back into their lane and then it looks like he did a brake check on them as well. Without seeing what his reason for going agro was it is hard to say what is going on although there is really no reason for causing willful harm to someone because you want to go faster than them. Although I sympathize with the riders they are not without blame as well. Looks like they hogged up both lanes and were not allowing anyone to pass them as they meandered through the area. then instead of just saying wow this guy is a dick they proceeded to escalate the situation by surrounding him and then getting confrontational. Mob mentality at it's finest. A 500lb bike will never win a war against a 300lb truck. From reading the article it seems like the motorcyclists do this often and there self absorbed behavior shows in the quotes they have from them.

I dont simpathize with these guys, but I do simpathize with riders who get overlooked and/or "bullied" while driving down the road. Its bad enough when cut me off and try to play chicken with me while im in my 6,000lb truck but on a bike you have little room for recovery before you whipout.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I disagree, a "stunt ride" should never be premitted on public streets. Just like when I used to drag race I couldn't organize a permitted race down the main street in town. I had to take it to the local dragstrip. Streets are for public travel. Should we be allowed to get permits to build a make shift shooting range down Airline highway and hold an exibition right there? Hell no. You want to play you got to have the space to do it. If you want to travel down the public roadways you should have to obey the same rules everyone not in your group has to obey.

I agree, should have been a little more specific that the stunts shouldn't be allowed, but a leisure cruise is OK. I've never had a bike, but my dad used to always take me on Harley rides from BR to NOLA (or wherever) when I was a kid. It was impressive to see thousands of motorcycles going down the interstate. On the middle of the big raised turn on the 10/12 split all you could see was Harley's down 10 & 12 as far as you could see. There were never any problems with these, and they were done legally.

On the other hand, most of the videos I see of crotch rockets involve them acting totally retarded. Most of the road rage videos I see are one sided because they only cut in when the vehicle drivers start raging. I'm sure most of the rage is incited for a good reason. A few have been "pretty" unprovoked though, bikes just speeding and passing, but still doing it illegally.

Last edited:

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    The problem with long rides like that especially on interstates is they never let anyone over, essentially blocking the lane for miles so no one can exit or get on. Pisses people off. Its an interstate, not a play date adventureland.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land

This is why I won't buy a bike. Too many friggin idiots on phones! I hardly feel safe in a car anymore, much less being on 2 wheels!

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    I used to avoid the interstate when I had a bike. Never more than 3 of us in a group. Sure it's fun to mess around, but when you have 20+ and act like idiots it happens.

Off topic, but has anyone ridden the new Buells they came out with? Look bad ass.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    The problem with long rides like that especially on interstates is they never let anyone over, essentially blocking the lane for miles so no one can exit or get on. Pisses people off. Its an interstate, not a play date adventureland.

I don't disagree with the interstate totally, that aside. What's the difference between a sanctioned ride and shutting down downtown for Spanish town (or any other parade)? They're both a nuisance in some form or fashion to someone.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Well for one, the parade has a permit and is advertised so people know to avoid those streets.

Top Bottom