Color Coordinate Your Gear?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gringo Loco

Psalms 37
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I started trying to piece another bag together, which started me looking at all the gear I have. I have a ton of different gear with various colors and styles (although black being the majority). I wanted to consolidate and create all at the same time.

While doing all this I started to think about color coordinating gear and guns. I know it sounds like a 1st World Problem, but I don't care. And, if a lot of you guys are honest.... I bet you guys think the same, if you don't do it already.

So, do any of you color coordinate calibers in one color to accompany gear in the same?
    Example: All your Glocks in 9mm in FDE with FDE gear etc.

Feel free to show pics of your setups and collections. Feel free to share ideas and thoughts.

....and....Go!

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I color coordinate my 300 blk stuff, Rifles that shoot supers are tan, and have tan mags, and the one that shoots subs has a red band on it with red band on black pmags to let me know those are subs.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Do I color coordinate guns? No... or maybe Yes? Typical AR parts are black, so my rifles are black.
    Do I color coordinate gear? I suppose I do. If I have a black backpack, I'm not putting a coyote pouch on it.

I have gear in black, fde/coyote, and random things in Multicam. OD green is hideous, and I barf any time someone brings up Kryptek.

Gringo Loco

Psalms 37
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    My last Glock Armorer class instructor said something about making all his 40 caliber pistols in his FDE gear. All his his OD green gear and guns were his 9mm's. Etc.

I do like the idea of making Pmag colors for specific calibers.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    My last Glock Armorer class instructor said something about making all his 40 caliber pistols in his FDE gear. All his his OD green gear and guns were his 9mm's. Etc.

I do like the idea of making Pmag colors for specific calibers.

I dislike the idea of paying more for something irrelevant and unnecessary.

Gringo Loco

Psalms 37
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Paying more for colored anything.

I understand your point of view. I guess for me it's like buying a certain color car, or adding a lift kit or rims etc. for all the car guys. I don't mind every once in a while to buy (for a very minor price increase) something more expensive. I don't care about a lift kit, but I do like the Vicker's RTF framed FDE and Grey frame models.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I understand your point of view. I guess for me it's like buying a certain color car, or adding a lift kit or rims etc. for all the car guys. I don't mind every once in a while to buy (for a very minor price increase) something more expensive. I don't care about a lift kit, but I do like the Vicker's RTF framed FDE and Grey frame models.

The Lipsey's exclusive Vickers RTF2 Glocks aren't just a color change.

I do have one FDE Glock, and it's because I got it for a steal. I'd buy another if I knew it was cheaper than a regular black Glock. Point being, if every color costs the same, then sure I'll pick. However, I've found that some items have an added cost for certain colors.

Top Bottom