1day vs 2day?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skipper1969

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Beginners and local courses; I prefer 1 day courses. Intermediate and advanced; I prefer two day courses. Specialized topics often work well with three day courses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Beginners and local courses; I prefer 1 day courses. Intermediate and advanced; I prefer two day courses. Specialized topics often work well with three day courses.

What top 3 Louisiana/Texas based instructors would you advise me to look at "no certain order"?

JabbaTheWhat01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Split the difference: two individual days. Level one and level two. I usually can't take off for two straight days. But I love it when I can.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    They both have benefits.

I took a 2 day intro/level 1 carbine course from VATA this spring and it was perfect for me. I shoot a lot of pistol, but literally had less than 200 rounds lifetime through and AR. I basically walked in and said "I don't know crap, teach me". At the end of day one I felt like I just wasn't getting it. With some dry practice in the hotel room and another day of work I was able to do really well in the end of class "competition" and felt MUCH more comfortable with the platform.

One word about the "I've got my own range" comments. So do I, but if you don't get some feedback it doesn't mean there is not a better way. I've taken things from each class I've been to. Even if it's that I don't prefer what they taught and it affirmed what I'm doing otherwise.

West

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Baton Rouge, louisiana
    I took a two day course awhile back. I liked the two day format better if you're some what experienced. Like someone said above, one day course for those new to shooting /handling a firearm is an excellent idea. They had a couple in our class that where brand spanking new to firearms and they kinda slowed the class down because they required more attention from the instructors.

Sent from my HTCD100LVW using Tapatalk

skipper1969

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Handgun and carbine defensive shooting tactics.

Why don't you check out what I teach for Suarez International? I teach in Orange, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, etc. we have a CRG-2 this Sept in Orange that will be a medium sized two day class.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Why don't you check out what I teach for Suarez International? I teach in Orange, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, etc. we have a CRG-2 this Sept in Orange that will be a medium sized two day class.

We've had a few instructors on bayoushooter but most no longer post. I didn't realize you were a instructor. Do you have a link to more info about the classes you offer?

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I have taken from Advantage Group and VATA. Both groups are close and were very professional. I have only been to one other traveling instructor, but they compared very favorably. I also spoke with some guys in the VATA class who had been to LOTS of classes around the country. They told me that they felt the quality and student/instructor ratio with VATA was excellent and better than some big name guys they had been to. Just FYI.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom