Boxer breeders?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    About 14months ago we had to put down our male Boxer because of hip problems. Yesterday I go home for lunch and notice our female Boxer holding up her rear right paw so call the vet and make a 4:30 appointment. We get to the vet she is happy tail wagging all seams fine except she is holding up her paw. We get called into the room and before the door closes she falls over and dies! Of course my wife, son and I are in shock and have no idea how our dog could just die like that. At this point we are very upset and are asking tons of questions and it looks like she was bit by a snake. She's a inside dog so now we have to worry about a poisonous snake in our house. We wanna believe it happened when she went outside to potty before we left for work and she just stepped on it but we will never know.

My wife and I planned to wait on another dog but my 7yo son has never been without a dog by his side so it's gonna be hard to wait. If anyone knows a good Boxer breeder please post up or PM me so we can look at our options?

Thanks

View attachment 65480

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Sorry for your loss. Could not be an easy thing for sure.

Sorry about your dog ��
    I'd look around for a copperhead, Those can kill a dog!

Thanks it's been really hard and adding to it is watching my son hurt so bad these dogs have been by his side from the day he came home.

Now the stress of worrying about if it happened inside or outside is taking a real toll on the wife and I. It sucks looking for something that may not even be there!

Last edited:

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry for your loss. Are you sold on a boxer? I know there are a lot of adoptable dogs out there right now because of the floods. Maybe check a shelter?

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Sorry for your loss. Are you sold on a boxer? I know there are a lot of adoptable dogs out there right now because of the floods. Maybe check a shelter?

Thank you so much. I hate to say we are set on a boxer because that sounds selfish of me. These 2 boxers have been so good to my family it amazes me. We are pretty set on Boxers but we as a family agreed to look at rescue/adoption as a option before deciding.

Thanks!

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Sorry for your loss man. Our boxer is part of the family and would break my heart to have that happen. I'd check out Louisiana boxer rescue as well. Good people and great dogs.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Sorry for your loss man. Our boxer is part of the family and would break my heart to have that happen. I'd check out Louisiana boxer rescue as well. Good people and great dogs.

Thanks it's been tough. Ive never owned a boxer until I met my wife and I must say they are amazing dogs.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I'm really sorry for your loss. It must be really hard on your son. And the not knowing how it all happened.

Thanks. Feel like we've looked everywhere and I'm thinking it may have happened in the yard but still feel like we got to keep searching the house.

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    This guy and his brother are waiting for you at Louisiana boxer rescue

http://louisianaboxerrescue.org/rescue/moses/
    IMG_1205-1-820x1093.jpg

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    may the force be with you! hide all things you don't want chewed, lids on all trash cans, cover all furniture.
    nice color on that little guy

I was really wanting to adopt a 1-2 year old, my wife was torn and my son was set on a puppy. At the end of the day this puppy is to help my son he has been waking up all hours of the night crying for his old dog. I feel like a bad parent because I never realized he was so attached to our dog! The things we do for our children!

Top Bottom