Superdome / Smoothie King Center

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    There are signs saying the state of Louisiana prohibits weapons on these premises. They also state any prohibited item will be seized. What's the legality on that?

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    I thought prohibiting guns on private property only extended to denying access to the property, i.e. entering a store or restaurant with a firearm, but not seizure of said firearm. However, seeing as the Superdome/Smoothie King Center are in part state funded, maybe the rules can be bent in that respect?

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    You and many others thought wrong.
    I thought prohibiting guns on private property only extended to denying access to the property, i.e. entering a store or restaurant with a firearm, but not seizure of said firearm. However, seeing as the Superdome/Smoothie King Center are in part state funded, maybe the rules can be bent in that respect?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    PROHIBITED ITEMS
    Animals (with the exception of service dogs)
    Banners (large or in poor taste)
    Containers of any kind
    Contraband
    Glass
    Large/oversized bags. Maximum bag size is 12" x 12"
    Laser pointers
    Noisemakers
    Outside food and drink
    Projectiles
    Weapons
    Tablets/iPads
    Sticks, bats, poles, clubs (includes selfie sticks, etc.)
    GoPros
    Video and audio recording devices
    Backpacks/knapsacks
    Helium balloons
    Glitter
    Stickers
    Fireworks
    Any other item(s) deemed unacceptable by Building Management
    If any prohibited items are revealed during a search, the patron(s) will be permitted to return to their vehicle with the item(s) or they can dispose of the item(s) with the exception of contraband. All and any contraband will be confiscated. The Superdome will not store any personal belongings or items of any type.

In addition to general prohibited items at all Superdome events, the following are also prohibited in the Superdome for NFL games: Any bag other than a clear vinyl bag (12* x 12* x 6*), limit one (1) bag, and clutch bags/purses larger than a 4.5* x 6.5* (one (1) bag limit).

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Went to a concert there w/ a good friend who happens to be a sgt w/ nopd. He got stopped at the gate for a pocket knife. Smoothie king center security told him he couldn't bring it in. (he handed it off to an officer working the show as a detail, who returned it to him during the show).

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Went to a concert there w/ a good friend who happens to be a sgt w/ nopd. He got stopped at the gate for a pocket knife. Smoothie king center security told him he couldn't bring it in. (he handed it off to an officer working the show as a detail, who returned it to him during the show).

From my experience, the "Superdome Security" team are morons. The staff are even worse. I try to avoid the Dome and the Arena as much as possible.

I had an incident with a pocket knife once. It wasn't "in the Dome," but "at the Dome." We were walking around town, knowing we would end up there, so I packed along a $10 knife for the day. When we got to security, they waved me with the wand and my knife popped up. The security lady told me I couldn't have it, so I handed it to her expecting they would confiscate it. She handed it back and said "I don't want it, but you can't have it." So I asked what she wanted me to do with it, and she said bring it back to my car, so I threw it in the trash and walked past her. She lost her **** and called over the "Security Officer" who had no idea what to do.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    From my experience, the "Superdome Security" team are morons. The staff are even worse. I try to avoid the Dome and the Arena as much as possible.

I had an incident with a pocket knife once. It wasn't "in the Dome," but "at the Dome." We were walking around town, knowing we would end up there, so I packed along a $10 knife for the day. When we got to security, they waved me with the wand and my knife popped up. The security lady told me I couldn't have it, so I handed it to her expecting they would confiscate it. She handed it back and said "I don't want it, but you can't have it." So I asked what she wanted me to do with it, and she said bring it back to my car, so I threw it in the trash and walked past her. She lost her **** and called over the "Security Officer" who had no idea what to do.
    Last night the security officers - not cops - had guns, handcuffs, batons, and all that.

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    There are armed folks working security for the dome/arena. Some of them are guys and girls retired from local agencies and know what they're doing. Some aren't. Like everything else, you have to take the good with the bad.

There are multiple state and local agencies that also work the dome/arena. LSP, DPS, OPSO, NOPD and JPSO to name a few...

JR1572

Top Bottom