Bad ass 1022 budget builds

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 11BravoBernie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Loranger, Louisiana
    We all love a fancy 1022...but what about the rest of us guys that just as proud of our lil tack drivers? Here's a thread for the tiny 1022 builds...that still can put one through a flea's ass at 50 yards...lol

Last edited:

11BravoBernie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Loranger, Louisiana
    We all love a fancy 1022...but what about the rest of us guys that just as proud of our lil tack drivers? Here's a thread for the tiny 1022 builds...that still can put one through a flea's ass at 50 yards...lol
    photo.php

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I just picked up 2 this morning because they were "cheap" ($209)
    But one is already stripped to the receiver...

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Lets see if images of a Marlin 60 show up:
    IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg

I had a Clark Custom 10/22 in my possession for a while. Every time my brother would ask for it back I would change the subject. I ended up bringing it back within the last month. That was a great gun. The trigger was the best I have ever used.

Any way since no 10/22's to talk about here is the 60's story
    I decided to modify my Marlin 60 in the hopes of improving it.

Some of the main mods that are visibly obvious and some aren't. Listed in no special order. I am not finished. I now have the plastic cracking and will get a DIP trigger & guard. I need to cleanup up the receiver metal.

1 - Adjustable cheek piece: I always seem to be way too low on any scope and rifle combo. I wanted adjustable for a few reasons. All parts were done "in house" except for some raw materials. Inletting was fun, stock is harder that it looks. My main goal was safety & then don't ruin the stock. Initial cut on the stock took some gathering of nuts so to speak. I tuned up the band saw made a jig and some test cuts.

2 - Squirrel and squirrel skull: Irony is it will probably only be used on a range with paper. Obviously a throwback to the Glenfield squirrel stocks.

3 - Well 1 & 2 forced a refinish. But I am happy with the results.

4 - I decided to full length bed the receiver. I knew full well that this might not result in any improvement or that the news could be bad.

5 - DIP 20 (or 25?) MOA rail. What is nice is I can easily swap a scope from a centerfire rifle.

6 - Incidentals like a trigger over travel screw, sling swivels and some trigger tuning.

While Marlin 60's are pretty decent I believe there are 3 things that cannot be over come that limit accuracy:
    1 is the mag tube.
    2 is the trigger and receiver do not attach to each other.
    3 is the action floats a little between the receiver and trigger.

The mag tube can also be a bit of a pain in situations. The detachable on the 10/22 is nice.

Get some pics of 10/22's up !!

Last edited:

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Lets see if images of a Marlin 60 show up:
    IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg

I had a Clark Custom 10/22 in my possession for a while. Every time my brother would ask for it back I would change the subject. I ended up bringing it back within the last month. That was a great gun. The trigger was the best I have ever used.

Any way since no 10/22's to talk about here is the 60's story
    I decided to modify my Marlin 60 in the hopes of improving it.

Some of the main mods that are visibly obvious and some aren't. Listed in no special order. I am not finished. I now have the plastic cracking and will get a DIP trigger & guard. I need to cleanup up the receiver metal.

1 - Adjustable cheek piece: I always seem to be way too low on any scope and rifle combo. I wanted adjustable for a few reasons. All parts were done "in house" except for some raw materials. Inletting was fun, stock is harder that it looks. My main goal was safety & then don't ruin the stock. Initial cut on the stock took some gathering of nuts so to speak. I tuned up the band saw made a jig and some test cuts.

2 - Squirrel and squirrel skull: Irony is it will probably only be used on a range with paper. Obviously a throwback to the Glenfield squirrel stocks.

3 - Well 1 & 2 forced a refinish. But I am happy with the results.

4 - I decided to full length bed the receiver. I knew full well that this might not result in any improvement or that the news could be bad.

5 - DIP 20 (or 25?) MOA rail. What is nice is I can easily swap a scope from a centerfire rifle.

6 - Incidentals like a trigger over travel screw, sling swivels and some trigger tuning.

While Marlin 60's are pretty decent I believe there are 3 things that cannot be over come that limit accuracy:
    1 is the mag tube.
    2 is the trigger and receiver do not attach to each other.
    3 is the action floats a little between the receiver and trigger.

The mag tube can also be a bit of a pain in situations. The detachable on the 10/22 is nice.

Get some pics of 10/22's up !!

I bought a used Ruger MKII mounted with a red dot sight. Found ou later it had been through Clarks Custom shop for the sight mounting , trigger job and reliability package,
    That gun is magical....I would never have believed mere humans could do such wonderful things to a gun. It seems to shoot itself and never misses .
    Every time we go to the range it puts a smile on my face and a song in my heart.
    If you ever want a most pleasant experience, have Clarks Custom work over one of your guns...SWEEEET !
    Gary

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    never had a site so hostile to pic uploads...

It's not the site, it's you.

You can't link to the photo display frame that Facebook shows whenever viewing an image. That's like trying to link to the BayouShooter header logo by putting bayoushooter.com[/lMG] in the image tags. It just doesn't work. You need to link to an actual image, as Dave_M mentioned earlier. It needs to end in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or another common image format.

Example
    [IMG]http://www.bayoushooter.com/images/newlogo.png[/lMG]

Austin

Top Bottom