PSA for anyone who had a Cannon Safe that flooded

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Cannon has a lifetime warranty on their safes and natural floods are covered under that warranty. I called them up to make a warranty claim and they just asked I send them some basic information about the safe and some photos of the damage. About a week latter I got an email stating my order has been processed and a new safe will be shipped out to me in early December. Great customer service.

GLOCKCRAZZ

Custom Sheath Maker
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    May 23, 2007
    BR AREA
    Cannon has a lifetime warranty on their safes and natural floods are covered under that warranty. I called them up to make a warranty claim and they just asked I send them some basic information about the safe and some photos of the damage. About a week latter I got an email stating my order has been processed and a new safe will be shipped out to me in early December. Great customer service.

Wow!
    That's awesome.
    Liberty Safe does not only not cover flood water under there warranty. They won't even sell me new carpeted floors and shelves.
    I'm not very happy with Liberty.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Wow!
    That's awesome.
    Liberty Safe does not only not cover flood water under there warranty. They won't even sell me new carpeted floors and shelves.
    I'm not very happy with Liberty.

Same here. They offered me 10% off as a returning customer if i could prove that it was lost in the flood. I will be going with cannon this time.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I figured Liberty's warranty was the best, mine is already purchased and waiting for my house to be done. Luckily I wasn't even close to flooding so I should be ok. Should be.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Wasn't happy with Liberty, they couldn't tell me how much felt was needed for my safe. Needless to say they were not a lot of help.

Beauxdog

lp11

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Livingston Parish
    I spoke to the folks at mike wards, they stated Liberty was offering a safe at a discounted price of 25% off dealer, offer is good until the end of 2017.

There is a form they give you, to fill out and return, you also need a written letter from your insurance company stating it wasn't covered under your insurance.

Also got some ideas from some safes on their showroom, instead of felt over the fireboard , there was one with a light color wood paneling.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I figured Liberty's warranty was the best, mine is already purchased and waiting for my house to be done. Luckily I wasn't even close to flooding so I should be ok. Should be.

After we talked about it at the shop, I did a lil more research in to it and decided to go with the cannon. If i really want a liberty, I still ahve my old shell that i can rebuild. Will probably put it in storage for a rainy day project.

GLOCKCRAZZ

Custom Sheath Maker
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    May 23, 2007
    BR AREA
    Mike Wards is supposed to be helping with new carpeted floors and shelves. Still have not heard back from them either. Guess I call them today.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Mike Ward's is good people, they will help you as best as they can.

Liberty states in their warranty that safes are not covered for flooding, so that's something you have to read before you make a purchase. If I do buy another safe in the future, I'll be looking at Cannon again. Liberty Safes are great, but past a certain price point, Cannon makes great safes too.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

Absolutely true. They are taking care of my cousin, as well. Brand new safe coming in December- that will actually be a slight upgrade from the one he lost. Can't beat that.:hi5:

Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Just an update.... cannon called me today and said since my safe has been discountinued they would be sending me an upgraded version that was bigger than my old one and had a better fire rating!! I will never buy another brand of safe again another than cannon.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Yep. Sending me a new one as well. I was documenting things and looking for a model number on my safe and saw the label on it saying lifetime against fire flood or break in attempt. Was pleasantly surprised at that.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Its why I bought a Cannon in the first place. I got one of the ones from Richies Pawn years ago when he got a shipment of wrong colors/decals or some other minor flaw on them. They were ridiculous cheap. It just so happened that I was looking at safes at the time and that came up and I looked at the warranties and figured I couldn't go wrong with Cannon. Glad to hear they stand up to their claims!!

buck3050

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    LaPlace
    I flooded for Issac and they sent me a new one. It is drop shipment at you door. Didn't have the exact one that I had but they upgraded to the next one. Very satisfied. Then I have the old one just sitting in garage trying to figure out what to do with it.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Mike Ward's is good people, they will help you as best as they can.

Liberty states in their warranty that safes are not covered for flooding, so that's something you have to read before you make a purchase. If I do buy another safe in the future, I'll be looking at Cannon again. Liberty Safes are great, but past a certain price point, Cannon makes great safes too.

I went in there yesterday to pay off my safe that I ordered awhile back, while talking with Mrs. Candace she said anybody needing help can call her personally and she'll do what she can. Just throwing that out there

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I went in the yesterday to pay off my safe that I ordered awhile back, while talking with Mrs. Candace she said anybody needing help can call her personally and she'll do what she can. Just throwing that out there

Yup. They are good people, and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again.

Top Bottom