Good by Tannerite

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I don't see them attacking the sale of Tannerite. It's not an evil black rifle. The Oklahoma City Bombing was a truck full of fertilizer. Bombs can and will be made out of anything, that's why the name IED came about. Ever saw what Thermite can do?

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Go after backpacks, trash cans, dumpsters, the list just keeps going. Until we "go after" the people that turn these objects into bombs we will just keep chasing our politically correct tail. Which is tucked so far between our legs I really don't see it getting any better. We will have more and more of these bombings, stabbings, and vehicle murders happening.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Stop having kids, in a few years they will outbreed us... It will take another couple hundred years for them to kill themselves off and then maybe we can try this charade again in few hundred million years.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I don't see them attacking the sale of Tannerite. It's not an evil black rifle. The Oklahoma City Bombing was a truck full of fertilizer. Bombs can and will be made out of anything, that's why the name IED came about. Ever saw what Thermite can do?

Thermite isn't really explosive though. It just burns really, really hot. Right?

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    Thermite isn't really explosive though. It just burns really, really hot. Right?

When I was in the Army I saw a thermite grenade placed on top of an armored vehicle.
    Melted straight through the engine block.
    Not explosive but devastating none the less.
    Can also burn through concrete- useful if placed on building tops to ignite lower floors.
    It is just aluminum powder and ferrous oxide (rust) basically.
    Supplies its own oxygen and can burn underwater.
    Just amazing as far as thermal reactions go.

John_L

FTRB
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Unless containers or labels stating "Tannerite" were found at the scene, it's more likely to be the home made variety and not "Tannerite." Not exactly difficult to do, nor particularly difficult to get the binary components.

What doesn't help at all are the YouTube videos showing what many pounds can do to vehicles and building structures. So, while it may not have been Tannerite, I suspect they will be impacted greatly anyway.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    ....anybody need a good deal on a pressure cooker? I went and bought all I could afford a couple years back cuz I thought...well. Ya know

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Anything with enough energy will set it off. Rifle rounds are suggested, because common pistol calibers don't create enough energy.

What I always thought too. Makes me wonder what the igniter was? Maybe another explosive substance?

Sulzer

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Tannerite is composed of Ammonium Nitrate, a popular oxidizer used in numerous terrorist bombings as well as the commercial construction and mining industry, and Aluminum. Unless the Academy receipt was found at the scene I don't see how they can claim it was specifically Tannerite. Tannerite is no doubt being used as a scapegoat to further the agenda to remove it from store shelves. I'm waiting for the article to come out where they claim the Tannerite was detonated by a fully automatic AR-15 and Harambe pulled the trigger.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Tannerite is composed of Ammonium Nitrate, a popular oxidizer used in numerous terrorist bombings as well as the commercial construction and mining industry, and Aluminum. Unless the Academy receipt was found at the scene I don't see how they can claim it was specifically Tannerite. Tannerite is no doubt being used as a scapegoat to further the agenda to remove it from store shelves. I'm waiting for the article to come out where they claim the Tannerite was detonated by a fully automatic AR-15 and Harambe pulled the trigger.

Harambe would have used a Ghost Gun.

#cwatididthar

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    We weren't really doing ourselves any favors with all the 100# Youtube videos and severed limbs :rofl:

Yeah, but you do have to admit that a good severed limb video does pose a glimpse into an idiot's life.
    Kind of a public service announcement if you ask me...
    ;)

Top Bottom