CMP members?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranslem9849

Rating - 99%
    102   1   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Abita Springs
    Any CMP members in here?
    I'm interested in getting information on how to be eligible to purchase from them. I'd like to take a trip to the store in Alabama to take a look and possibly purchase a field grade M1 Garand.
    Just want to make sure I do everything required before I take the trip.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I made the trip 6-8 years ago. I'm a member of LSA(affiliated club), have a CHP(proof of training) along with multiple forms of ID I believe that's all I needed.
    They have all of the required info on their website. You can/should call before you go just to check one last time that everything is in order.
    Also might want to check on stock. If I recall the Anniston store was moving to another location nearby either last year or this year and stock was pretty limited. There are usually a couple of armorers there that will loan you a throat and muzzle gauge and break down the rifle with you to check the trigger or answer any questions you have.

Also it's cheaper to ship the rifle home to your door than it is to pay the taxes on it there and walk out with it.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

Last edited:

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Be sure to go to the CMP forum to read the south store reports before planning a trip there. Sometimes they have a selection and sometimes not so much. I think service grades are available right now.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Just got an email from the CMP today saying they are limiting M1 Garand purchases to 8 per year (I wish!). The store will reopen in the new location (1470 Sentinel Drive) on Oct. 6.

Aside from qualifying at a clinic or competition, or having a military DD214, you have to belong to an affiliated club. The club can be the Garand Collectors Ass'n that have annual dues of around $25 (?).

Last edited:

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm a CMP member. Joined the Garand Collectors Association many years back, and my C&R FFL demonstrated good moral character.

I highly recommend visiting the Anniston store. Lots of goodies there.

Mike

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    You can skip the clinic if you have an CHP as that was a class and do the Lsa on the net this is easier

Last edited:
    Top Bottom