common folk's weapons around the world?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    just curious. weapons they can get with little regulation. like which countries allow common folk to buy bows/crossbows without too much paper work.

im under the impression many countries allow people to own a double barrel shotgun.

what about swords?

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    I found, in some quick research, most countries allow "use" of shotguns (pumps&semi's usually not allowed) for hunting/sporting, but a lot of countries require the person to store the shotgun at the civilian range or police station, depending on the country.

It seems airguns, bows, crossbows, are looked at differently throughout the world.
    Some countries have stricter regulations on air guns than shot guns!

Also in my short readings I found it interesting that some countries I believed to be more lax 'd weren't and some I thought had very strict laws, were more lax'd than I thought.

Another thing I found, there are more than just a few countries that have permitting processes to acquire weapons, that requires a person to specify the need/use, for example; professional use, hunting, sporting/shooting comps. But self defense is not a good enough reason in the eye of the law to own or possess a weapon!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overview_of_gun_laws_by_nation

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom