Going to Lafayette tonight for football game. Need a good restaurant to eat at

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Going to St.Thomas Moore for game tonight. Looking for a good place to eat before the game,preferably south of I-10. A good selection of beer would be nice also. Outside seating would be a plus also.

jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    If you like Mexican then Agave near corner or Kaliste Saloom and Ambassador Caffery has what you are seeking and is not far from STM stadium. What cuisine were you thinking?

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Mexican is good. Seafood is good also. We like just about anything. Something with outside seating or something with a little ambiance would be nice. No chain restaurants. Want something local.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Bon Temps Grill on Verot School Road is not far from STM, easy to find and meets the seafood/local criteria. Food is good and they should have a beer you can appreciate.

rabiddawg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Fezzo's is not what it use to be. We quit going cause the quality of their steaks declined big time.

Tried Randol's twice and didn't like it either time.

I'm a meat eater, believe it or not Carabas' has one of the best filets in town. For a nicer place try Charlie G's.

Like the Agave' they mentioned above. Avoid the one next to ull.

Prejean's is good but well north of I-10

Last edited:

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    We ended up going to Artmosphere. It's a bar basically that sells food. It's a funky little place and eclectic which my wife loves and it had a nice outside area to sit at. The patrons who were there were very nice. We ended up talking to a couple who lives in Lafayette and hung out until we needed to get to the game. Now on to the food. The food was ok. It was not bad, but they need to stick to the basics and serve great pub food. We ate a crawfish quesadilla and a Mediterranean pizza. The names on the menu for each food item left me wondering what it was I was ordering. The quesadilla was pretty tasty but the pizza left a little to be desired. Overall we liked it and the outside area was pretty cool. Good beer selection also. I do have to give a shout out to St. Thomas Moore. The school was very nice and the people were also very nice. It was a good game to watch and was back and fourth to the end. We won 23-12. My son plays right guard on the O line and usually has his way but tonight they brought it to him all night. He finally wore down the guy he was going against and in the 4th quarter replaced him with someone else. He said both were very good and gave as good as they got.

rabiddawg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Glad you had a pleasant time.

Especially glad yall whipped stm. The last time I set foot in that stadium the Wreckin' Rams left there headed to the dome with a 31-0 victory. Some of our (formerly) close friends are still not over it.

Top Bottom