What kind of BS is Louisiana pulling?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TangSooDoMan

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2016
    Slidell, Louisiana
    I know the time period has gon up, but it has now been over 6 months and still nothing. I filled out my application on line, sent in my prints as requested. After 4 months, I get an email saying my application was excepted, with a link to pay. So I paid, and 3 weeks later no permit, so I called and was told that after my application was excepted and I paid they still had to do a back ground check (what the heck were they doing for 5 months.) and it would take another 2 or 3 weeks. After 3 weeks I get a certified letter from the state ( thought it was my permit) it was a letter saying something was wrong with my finger prints and they needed new ones. If I mailed them in it would take another 30 to 45 days, but if I came to Baton Rouge and did them, it would take 30 days off the wait, so I went to BR and did them. 5 weeks later and still no permit, every time I try to call, the line is either busy or they don't answer. This is getting rediculas. Is the state playing games? Same thing is happening with my wife and 2 friends. I'm thinking about contacting a Lawer, since we ar a shall permit state, and 6.5 months it rediculas. Is this because liberal John Bell got in office, or is the state police just incompatant?

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I know the time period has gon up, but it has now been over 6 months and still nothing. I filled out my application on line, sent in my prints as requested. After 4 months, I get an email saying my application was excepted, with a link to pay. So I paid, and 3 weeks later no permit, so I called and was told that after my application was excepted and I paid they still had to do a back ground check (what the heck were they doing for 5 months.) and it would take another 2 or 3 weeks. After 3 weeks I get a certified letter from the state ( thought it was my permit) it was a letter saying something was wrong with my finger prints and they needed new ones. If I mailed them in it would take another 30 to 45 days, but if I came to Baton Rouge and did them, it would take 30 days off the wait, so I went to BR and did them. 5 weeks later and still no permit, every time I try to call, the line is either busy or they don't answer. This is getting rediculas. Is the state playing games? Same thing is happening with my wife and 2 friends. I'm thinking about contacting a Lawer, since we ar a shall permit state, and 6.5 months it rediculas. Is this because liberal John Bell got in office, or is the state police just incompatant?

Reason? All of the above that you mentioned! Bureaucratic BS that is expected (though not accepted) with any governmental agency! :mad:

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA

Nuff said

sacosta66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Ponchatoula, LA
    After 4 month of waiting, they sent me the same letter about having to redo my fingerprints. I redid them at HQ and after a month of no response, I emailed them asking about my status. A lady replied back that she would review my app and within a week I received my permit. Sending them an email has always been better than calling. But it took over 6 months for me to receive my permit. It's a very long, slow process....

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    If your spelling and grammar on the application is as bad as the spelling and grammar in the original post, no wonder it's taking so long. I had to read it three times to understand it.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    If your spelling and grammar on the application is as bad as the spelling and grammar in the original post, no wonder it's taking so long. I had to read it three times to understand it.

After the Loctite thread you are the last person I thought would post this type of reply.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    After the Loctite thread you are the last person I thought would post this type of reply.

Wasn't trying to be a smartass. When filling out paperwork for something important like a permit, I think it is important to use correct spelling and grammar. You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    They told me through email the other day that they have been backed up and are now working on April applications.

Sig66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2016
    NOLA Westbank
    I submitted my wife's permit by mail, on Jan 24th, and she just got it on Oct. 8th. From what I've heard on another forum, we're one of the slowest states in the country, in terms of how long it takes them to be processed; ridiculous.

BDill

What's This For Again
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Destrehan, LA
    I submitted mine by mail on March 15. I called them regularly from May until now to check on it. Oct 17th my app had been processed and waiting on background, called the following week and was waiting on report from finger prints. have not called since but no permit yet. So to sum up it took 7 months to start my processing my app. 8 months behind seems to be about right.

Top Bottom