Lcd/led tv repairman in BR area?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Anyone on here or have a recommendation of a repairman. That can do board level repairs?

I've got a couple tvs that were in a house that got hit by lightning. Fairly certain the PS boards are toast. Got some blown fuses for sure. I see eBay has some selling a service that deals with my issue directly but I would rather use someone local if possible.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    It's pretty easy to change the board out, just unscrew the back of tv and swap out power board, all screws so no special tools required. I was recently given a 65 inch Samsung tv that would not power up. $25 on a eBay power board, and 15 minutes time and I have a current model $2000 tv for next to nothing.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    SAFETY WARNING

If you think your house has taken a lightning strike, go through the circuit breaker panel and turn them off one at a time. Make sure that circuit goes cold when the breaker is off. A lightning strike can weld the breaker contacts closed and it will not trip on an over load. You have a ticking time bomb on your hands. I know of a couple of houses that burned years after the lightning strike. If you find a bad breaker call an electrician immediately.

There is one brand of breaker that the lever will move "OFF" with the contacts welder. Don't just trip it off and say it's OK, make certain that particular circuit goes cold.

Don't pull the cover off the breaker panel yourself unless you're experienced in this type of work.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Av electronics. 12317 florida blvd

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    It's pretty easy to change the board out, just unscrew the back of tv and swap out power board, all screws so no special tools required. I was recently given a 65 inch Samsung tv that would not power up. $25 on a eBay power board, and 15 minutes time and I have a current model $2000 tv for next to nothing.

The first thing I did was pull the boards to test them as best I could. One of the boards is $75-$100, so it would be a gamble on my part to spend that much and hope that's all it is. If I can find one for <$50 I'd be on it.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    An update for anyone interested...

I did quite a bit more research and found a website that had the 2 boards I needed and got them shipped to me. I replaced the power board in a Sony and Samsung led tv. Both powered on and worked with no further issues. They were in a house that was hit by lightning if you missed that part.

It was an easy replacement to do. On both tvs the power supply board was on the left side if you are facing the rear. It'll be obvious with the wiring coming from the power cable plug area.

My source was http://www.buyqual.com they shipped via dhl, ordered on a Friday evening and had it to my door on Monday. From Hong Kong... they take PayPal so I used that to checkout with. They have an eBay store with tons of reviews but didn't have both boards I needed.

Overall experience was positive and I'd use them again. Ymmv

Top Bottom