Thoughts on the Stoeger M3500?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcmann

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    I'm looking at buying my first autoloading Shotgun. I've taken a liking to the Stoeger M3500. I've looked at the Beretta A300 as well, but the Stoeger feels better when I hold it. So, I'm leaning that way, but I want to know if you guys have any positives or negatives about the gun.

Thanks for your input.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Shot a tactical shotgun class last Saturday, 1 of the other students had one. He had it semi-tacted out.
    It ran flawless for the full course. Don't know much about them but it looks to be a "hunting" copy of my Benelli M4.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have the A300 and am pleased with it. it's not the most refined semi auto on the market, but I knew that going in. I think the M3500 falls into the same category as this. I would handle both of them and see which one fits you better and get that one. The Beretta does have some shims and spacers which you are suppose to use to make it fit you better which is a good idea, but for me didn't work too well. I changed the length of pull, but as far as the shims go to change the angle of the stock I didn't use them. First of all it looks tricky to insert them and the gun fit me well enough so I didn't even try to do this. Does it point as good as my trusted Ithaca Model 37 I got in high school, nope it doesn't, but it can get some lead down range very quickly when the doves and ducks are buzzing by and the recoil is light which helps you stay on target. Before I bought the A300 I did a bunch of reading about what was available and saw a bunch of good stuff about the the M3500. I got the Beretta because the technology used to make the gun cycle was proven and it is made in the USA.

Last edited:

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    I have a Stoeger M2000 and I'm very pleased with its performance. I have had zero issues with it in the 6 years I've had it. I use it for dove, duck, turkey, and squirrel hunting and skeet and 3-gun type shooting. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles as some of the other models, but is reliable and comfortable to shoot all day. I mostly shoot low brass shells and have had no problems with them cycling. The M3500 looks like a better version of the M2000 so it should be a solid choice if you decide to go that route.

Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I have a Stoeger m3k which is basically the m3000 with 3 gun mods on it. I went through the 100 round recommended break in procedure and use it for 3-gun. The shotgun has performed flawlessly and I have had no problems with it.

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    I just got an M3K also, for use in competitions. I haven't shot it yet but so far it's awesome. The action and controls are smooth and it's awesome to speed load. If you're planing to compete with it. I plan to break it in tomorrow before a match this Saturday

Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I found mine shot a bit high. I figured out that I was looking down onto the rib when looking at the bead so I put a small piece of white tape on the trailing edge of the rib to show where the taper ended. Works like a charm.

I just got an M3K also, for use in competitions. I haven't shot it yet but so far it's awesome. The action and controls are smooth and it's awesome to speed load. If you're planing to compete with it. I plan to break it in tomorrow before a match this Saturday

MONK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    Benelli owns Stoeger. Beretta owns Benelli. Stoeger was making my great knockoffs of the M2. Benelli thought about sueing and figured they could make more money buying them.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge

Wheres a match this saturday?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lej1608
    Top Bottom