Interstate Guns

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Most of mine were hand picked back when they had hundreds of rifles to choose from in Anniston. Now they have so few available, the store moved to a smaller location and only occasionally are they able to put out any regular Garands. Right now, you can only order a Field grade rifle with aftermarket wood and barrel. The link in post #1 shows what is available from CMP by mail order. The link below shows what might be available at the Anniston store on a given day. The store is only open Thurs-Sat.

http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=74

I've messed up my rotator cuff and can't shoot my harder kicking rifles and shotguns anymore. I'll be listing most of my collection (including 30+ DCM/CMP Garands, and 40+WWII US & foreign military bolt rifles) over the next few months, but I'll still keep a few to dry-fire. My widow will probably sell those. I'm just having a hard time letting go.
    "Incrementalism" is the weapon used by anti-gun forces to destroy the second amendment.
    "Compromise" is a negotiation term that can only be used one time - when you compromise a compromise, you have lost the entire issue.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” Hunter S. Thompson

Marksman

Premium Member
    Thanks for the comments. I'm probably looking to pick one up late summer some time. We'll see what things are like then. Hopefully those Korean models have made it over and there will be a good selection.
    "History will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
    Mahatma Ghandi (on the British disarming India).

If you go to the Bama store you can Pic from what's there.
    http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=74
    Now after you do so, If they have anything ya want. Like said in the forums Hit or Miss.
    You have 2 options.
    One Pay the Bama Tax and take it home.
    Or ship it and Pay no Tax.
    Yes they are getting short on them. And what was passing as a grade is now lower when sent out. Some of are service grades are what was field before. At least from some reports.
    Some grades are no longer available. Collector Grade is no more. The Correct Grade is also no more.
    That is what I have a Correct is is one step down from Collector a spot or 2 on wood, and same of metal.
    http://s234.photobucket.com/user/fas...ideshow/Garand
    Not bad for the $925.00 I gave
    The Mix Matched 100% redone CMP specials are nice and are 900 now and a good deal if ya want a shooter

Really want one

I will have to keep up with when more of these become available.

Marksman

Premium Member

FWIW, the CMP website shows service grade Garands as being available for $730 each.

The store in Anniston is worth a visit if you're ever in that part of the world.

Fingers crossed that milsurp 1911's make an appearance at the CMP before I'm pushing daisies ...

Mike
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Any news on M1 Carbines coming back? I went out to Anniston to pick out my Garand about five years ago. I want to say the carbines were scarce even then.
    Last edited by 340six; October 16th, 2017 at 05:15 PM.

We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
    We have done so much for so long with so little we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by rattler View Post
    Any news on M1 Carbines coming back? I went out to Anniston to pick out my Garand about five years ago. I want to say the carbines were scarce even then.
    The ones the CMP has left they auction off. The do so at the CMP site along with the more rare things they have
    http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/index.asp