Hunting Lodge suggestions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I have a couple people that have had my back beyond belief over the last year or so. They have done without asking and gone above and beyond what I could have ever asked. We are all hunters and I am considering planning a trip to say thanks. I'm thinking hog and preditor hunt would be a memory maker. I have never booked a hunt like this so I'm looking for suggestions. Where, who, when, species (I'm no Don Trump so no exotics and no safaris). But seriously if you have put one of these together or been on one let's here it what you got to say. Also if you got other ideas of how to say thank you in a slightly over the top kind of way like Obama I'm all ears.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Do you have a budget range?

A quick google search shows prices ranging from less that $500 to over $5000 just for whitetail.

Here are some high priced ones: https://www.nraoutdoors.com/hunting/big-game/

Yeah whitetail hunts can get kind of nuts too. I was looking to be in the neighborhood of 2-4,000 for three guys. It would be nice if that covered lodging too.

The thing I like about the preditor and hog hunts is the ones I've looked at don't seem to pigeon hold you to one specific species and class like many whitetail hunts do.

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I don't know anything about these guys, just came across the web site, but they are in state and prices seem good IF they are getting results.

http://www.dreamhuntresort.com/index.html

Deer - Gun Hunting

$150 - morning or afternoon hunt

$250 - morning and afternoon hunt

Shotguns are not allowed for deer hunting

Lodging and Meals

On site lodging including, home-cooked meals, is available at a rate of $75 per night for adults and $50 a night for kids under 15 years of age. Accommodations are available for a maximum of 10 people.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Another option if you like wing shooting is Covey Rise in Husser, LA. I and my extended family have spent a few thanksgiving holidays there hunting pheasant and quail. We have the lodge to ourselves with huge kitchen, many bedrooms and huge living room. Their skeet shooting range is really nice too. About 20 minutes northeast of Hammond
    I know it's not big game, but everyone is guaranteed plenty of action and the accommodations are very fitting to a group. There are also cabins available if your group is not the 30+ people I'm use to.

Last edited:

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    A guy in Venice La does hog hunts out of an airboat and he will bring ya fishing too. Kingdom Charters is his name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    You need to scratch dreamhunts lodge off that list. Nice folks but the marketing photos and what actually got were very different. Also duck hunted and they told us it would be tough and it was. Again nice folks just didn't deliver what the expectations were built up as...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom