Mounting Holsters Safely in Vehicles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txcustomholster

Texas Custom Holsters
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I want to get input from forum members on what you consider a safe mounting solution for securing a holster inside your vehicle. The mounting options I have seen are Screws, Velcro, and Straps.
    Have any of you have used Velcro or Straps to mount to the console or under the steering column? I’m in Texas where it gets very hot in my truck so I’m afraid the Velcro will not work, and I have only seen the Strap solution for under the steering column, buy I’m not sure how secure that would be.
    Personally I prefer the Screw option for safety, but I would like to hear back about what you think and used.

Attachments

• XDVehicleMount.jpg
      XDVehicleMount.jpg
      5.7 KB · Views: 484

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I's used Velcro but it needs to have some support from a seat bolster. I've switched over to the magnets and like them much better. Go to Amazon and type in 'gun magnet mount'. I use the Tac-Mag gun magnet and recommended it to at least 3 others who also use them.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    I've built some for customers per their specs and let them mount them (Screws).
    But, I've seen some of the magnets available (Amazon) and they look like a solid option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I've used the Gum Creek Vehicle Holster Mount for 2 1/2 years now and absolutely love it. I was skeptical at first, but it is way more secure than I originally thought it would be. It holds a fully loaded, full size M&P .40 and an extra, fully loaded magazine with no problems at all. Every few months I check to make sure it is still secure and tight, and it always is.
    http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Mounted one of these under the dash 2 years ago. I liked it because the magnets are spaced apart, giving it a wider stance than some of the others. Felt like it was a little jiggly at first, holding a Bersa Thunder, but it never moved or fell. Now it's holding a small .357 revolver. The weapon is almost completely hidden, immediately available and I have had several people in the driver's seat with no idea it was even there (no knee bumps).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EB5OUS8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    https://www.google.com/search?q=g+c...X&ved=0ahUKEwizrdqVtfTRAhURxmMKHXtfBvMQsAQIKw

Gcode has some I've seen that when installed are pretty clean you install a plate and the holster mounts to it.

Magnets sound like a good idea but I would be concerned with having something covering the trigger gaurd at least.

I carry on person had some good advice I took awhile back about what if's that prevented me from going further with vehicle mounting ideas.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I've used the Gum Creek Vehicle Holster Mount for 2 1/2 years now and absolutely love it. I was skeptical at first, but it is way more secure than I originally thought it would be. It holds a fully loaded, full size M&P .40 and an extra, fully loaded magazine with no problems at all. Every few months I check to make sure it is still secure and tight, and it always is.
    http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/

+2... this works great... no permanent damage to the vehicle and works with a number of holsters.

Top Bottom