Grappler Police Bumper

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Interesting.

Indeed.

Not sure I would be crazy enough to deploy something like that. Seems you need to be extremely close to someone nuts enough to run from the popo who knows what evasive maneuver they may attempt while this thing is being deployed. Just seems dangerous for the officer having to deploy it.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    It only works if every vehicle in the force have them. I don't see it being useful if you have to notify special units and they have to react from across town. A lot can happen in that time frame. It looks like it works well, just skeptical of the best way to utilize it.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Indeed.

Not sure I would be crazy enough to deploy something like that. Seems you need to be extremely close to someone nuts enough to run from the popo who knows what evasive maneuver they may attempt while this thing is being deployed. Just seems dangerous for the officer having to deploy it.

Looks safer than performing a pit maneuver.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Looks safer than performing a pit maneuver.

Idk. Maybe. What happens if as the officer is setting up the device and the criminal stomps the break? In a pit at least the officers vehicle isn't directly behind the vehicle. I suppose there is no "good option". Either way I'm glad it won't be me doing either maneuver.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Idk. Maybe. What happens if as the officer is setting up the device and the criminal stomps the break? In a pit at least the officers vehicle isn't directly behind the vehicle. I suppose there is no "good option". Either way I'm glad it won't be me doing either maneuver.

If the BG stomps the break he gets rear ended.

Now what happens if setting up a pit and the BG stomps the break and jerks the wheel towards the officer? Same outcome the officer gets into a crash "maybe runs off the road into a bayou, house, child, light pole, etc....

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    If the BG stomps the break he gets rear ended.

Now what happens if setting up a pit and the BG stomps the break and jerks the wheel towards the officer? Same outcome the officer gets into a crash "maybe runs off the road into a bayou, house, child, light pole, etc....

Point taken at least this method provides some method of stopping the BG if all goes well without a crash. I won't bother arguing what kind of crashes are worse either. A lot of if's and but's mixed up in that argument.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom