Tunica Hills question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm planning on going hiking tomorrow at tunica Hills. It looks like I may need a hunting license or something in order to be out there. Is this correct? What about concealed carry out there... How's that work legally?

Anything I need to know?

Thanks!

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    All visitors must use self-clearing permits for all activities on Wildlife Management Areas (WMA). Get your free permit at check station kiosks on the WMA. Additionally, all WMA visitors ages 16 to 59 must possess either a valid Louisiana hunting license, fishing license, or Wild Louisiana Stamp. Licenses can be purchased from any hunting and fishing license vendor in the state, as well as over the phone (1-888-765-2602) or online.

http://www.louisianatravel.com/articles/outdoor-activities-tunica-hills

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    Tunica hills wma will likely be packed with hunters this weekend. Tunica falls/Clark creek is not far from there across the MS border and has trails for hikers. There is like a $3 cash donation that you put in a drop box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Tunica hills wma will likely be packed with hunters this weekend. Tunica falls/Clark creek is not far from there across the MS border and has trails for hikers. There is like a $3 cash donation that you put in a drop box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went last week. It is $4. You can CCW if you have a LA license. Getting old. Only made it to the 2nd waterfall. Used to go to all 6.

Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    I rather Clark Creek. It is in Pond Mississippi. Google the 'Pond Store' and the entrace to the waterfalls is around the corner. If you drive on the dirt road past the entrance go slow. Really steep cliffs.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I rather Clark Creek. It is in Pond Mississippi. Google the 'Pond Store' and the entrace to the waterfalls is around the corner. If you drive on the dirt road past the entrance go slow. Really steep cliffs.

Go here.... no hunting at Clark Creek.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    We used to hike and overnight camp at Clark Creek before it became a state park, a really unique area, a mini Smokey Mountains. We would bring climbing rope and repel off the cliffs.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Sorry, it is $3. Went to Port Hudson last week as well, and it was $4. Clark Creek is very strenuous. A lot of ups and downs to go a short way. After the first couple of times we went (many years ago), I learned to take the first opportunity to get to the creek. It is about 1/4 mile in on the left. Once in the creek/creek bed, you only have to change elevations at the waterfalls.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom