Looks like Coach Orgeron will be the long term LSU football coach

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Time for joe alleva to go now. LSU should be a team coaches are rushing to be a part of. Apparently he is lacking in recruiting skills if we are settling for a 3rd or 4th choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    How would you like to have a job because your boss couldn't convince anyone else to take it? I'm not even an LSU fan but watching from the outside I don't like the way the Miles situation was handled and Coach O should have been given more respect from the top brass. Seems the community and the players have bought in but the front office still didn't see it. I wish him well. RTR!! I'm not sure Kiffin will take a OC job but ya never kneaux. Lol

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I glad they chose someone who wants to be here, not just chasing the money.

I'm with you. Coach O really wants to be the head coach. Many fans take shots at him for his past but he isn't perfect by any means. Don't know a single soul who is perfect.
    The players love him and he is committed to work really hard and improve. I like O.

Last edited:

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    Listening to Bobby Hebert on WWL last night, he felt Orgeron was the best choice over Herman. Not that one coach is better than the other, but because they probably have equal potential and keeping Orgeron shows stability over bringing in a coach who is not a clear improvement. After they failed to lure in Jimbo Fischer, Hebert said there really wasn't anyone who stood out above Orgeron, and that any attempt to find someone else was more for publicity than results on the field. I'm glad to see Coach O will remain, and though I'm sure the initial lack of faith in him hurt some, I'm also sure that he is happy with how things worked out and will be a big enough man to just proceed with what is ahead and not let any of that affect him.

And yes, Alleva should go. That was also what Hebert said. His first comments, this just after the news on Jimbo, was that it's not Orgeron who should go, but rather Alleva who should to leave. Mainly because of the leaks on how they handled the whole thing...very poor management of fan faith.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I glad they chose someone who wants to be here, not just chasing the money.

They choose Jimbo and Herman but they turned down LSU. I like coach O but he was def not their choice.

I feel the AD has made a mess out of both the Miles firing/not firing/firing and now they look dumb going so hard for Jimbo and Herman and not getting either.

Top Bottom